Angle Photography

halvlions99halvlions99 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited December 12, 2005 in People
Need pro help here. Every pro photography site I look at has a few angle photographs. Maybe it is just me but I feel like these pictures are very eye catching. Below I have a wedding picture my wife took that I am testing out my angle theory using adobe. We always have trouble actually taking the photo at an angle and getting it right, so I am attempting to use adobe to pull this off for us. The big question I have is what is the best background used to pull this off. What I want is an angle photo but I also don’t want to feel like I am falling off the end of the earth.

All: Let me know your thoughts….Thanks

Before adobe:
48029431-Medium.jpg
After adobe:
48029426-Medium.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 12, 2005
    Help! I'm falling!

Just kidding, but I do think this isn't the best choice of photograph for such an "angling". The horizontal blinds pretty much kill it, even though they are softened. Too bad, its a strong photo, but the background is mucho distracting.

And why do you want to be like everyone else? I sure hope rotating perfectly good photos after the fact in PS doesn't become a trend.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Help! I'm falling!

Just kidding, but I do think this isn't the best choice of photograph for such an "angling". The horizontal blinds pretty much kill it, even though they are softened. Too bad, its a strong photo, but the background is mucho distracting.

And why do you want to be like everyone else? I sure hope rotating perfectly good photos after the fact in PS doesn't become a trend.

I don't think this one works. I think you need a non-directional background. I also prefer the photo tilted the other direction (people leaning to the left). Can't say why. It just feels better to me.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • halvlions99halvlions99 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Well I think I will try more of these with a level background or remove the background all together.

Thanks for the feedback.

thumb.gif
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    I think the edited one would have been better un tilted.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso