Is there something wrong with me ?

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited December 12, 2005 in Sports
I was shooting motox yesterday with Buttkicker from FM 3/4 through the day i noticed my sensor was in a right state and he loaned me his 20D. The thing is this i prefer my 10D it feels stronger better in the hand and i got more keepers do i need to see a doctor ?

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 12, 2005
    of course there's nothing wrong with you. The 10D is a slightly bigger body. If you have bigger hands like me, it feels great, better than the smaller 20D. Also, the vertical grip seems a little smoother to me, and no little "notch" on the side. The vert grips for the newer Canon's look like cancerous growths to me.

as for keepers, you have to get used to any camera, although in this case, most of the settings are the same and the AF is supposedly better/faster on the 20D, so I'm a little puzzled by that.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    The only difference was on my 10D i had set a custom WB and back button focus 20D AWB and shutter button focus the white balance was way off here one straight from the 20D and one from 10d

10D
    47886694-M.jpg
    DoctorIt wrote:
    of course there's nothing wrong with you. The 10D is a slightly bigger body. If you have bigger hands like me, it feels great, better than the smaller 20D. Also, the vertical grip seems a little smoother to me, and no little "notch" on the side. The vert grips for the newer Canon's look like cancerous growths to me.

as for keepers, you have to get used to any camera, although in this case, most of the settings are the same and the AF is supposedly better/faster on the 20D, so I'm a little puzzled by that.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 12, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    The only difference was on my 10D i had set a custom WB and back button focus 20D AWB and shutter button focus the white balance was way off here one straight from the 20D and one from 10d
    Ah, now the truth comes out! There's your keeper difference right there! With a few days on the 20D, your results wouldn't suffer. The one thing I'll give the 20D, they were very good about keeping dials and layout pretty much the same from the 10D, so adapting time is kept to a minimum. Now you just have to do the same custom setup as on the 10D and you'd be stylin'.

BTW, that first photo is sweet!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Not going to bother with a 20D it's not worth the extra £500 it would cost over a 10D, 1Dmk2 for me in about 18 months when i get better, next buy is a 200mm 2.8 and get rid of 70-200F4
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Ah, now the truth comes out! There's your keeper difference right there! With a few days on the 20D, your results wouldn't suffer. The one thing I'll give the 20D, they were very good about keeping dials and layout pretty much the same from the 10D, so adapting time is kept to a minimum. Now you just have to do the same custom setup as on the 10D and you'd be stylin'.

BTW, that first photo is sweet!