Revisiting Ryan

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited December 12, 2005 in People
i was on my way to making an order of prints of my pictures to decorate my dorm room when i realized that as much as i loved this picture, it needed a little help. i removed the poland spring bottle from the lower left corner and removed noise, did some lab adjustments, and sharpened. i think i like the resulting image, it has a little more pop to it. what do you guys think?
i'm gonna start working on a black and white version too.

original:
30807465-M.jpg

edited:
48042884-M.jpg

Comments

• LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Very Nice! I like this shot - right up my alley. Might I suggest cropping the right to just right of the upper-right lights (or just to the right of the head of the guitar; the far right white light doesn't add much)? [uhhh.. that would look tight!??... what's with the rhyming, aye) Also, good move on removing the water bottle, now I think I'd crop to just below the bottom of his coat (removing the bomb-box all together).

peas,
    Rich
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    i've tried cropping it a bunch of times, but no matter what i do crop-wise the picture loses it's power. so, i'm just going to photoshop that other stuff out, it shouldnt be too difficult anyway.

side note: you said "peas, rich" which is funny, i thought i was the only person in the world who said peace as peas. i'm trying to stop saying it now though, i've gotten kinda sick of it.

you'll be seeing another edited version very soon
    edited December 12, 2005
    no more box:
    48048162-M.jpg

no more lights in the top right too:
    48048461-M.jpg

i think the lights are necessary, but removing the box definitely helped. right now i'm going way back to get him and his face a little lighter.
    edited December 12, 2005
    sorry for so many posts and pictures!!!
    i believe this is my final edit:
    48051970-M.jpg

now i'm going to make it black and white. . .
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    I don't mind the lights on the right at all. I think you should put them back. It's all part of a concert scene and explains why his right side is magenta.
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    I think the "final" version is a big improvement, esp. the lower left clean-up.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    This is a neat picture. Thanks for sharing the steps you went through and the choices you made to get to your final result. A very nice job. thumb.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Final version is an excellent photo, Nice work!
    -Mike
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    good call, no need for the crop now; very nice!
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.