Options

Automatically open photo captions in lightbox

Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited September 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Any of the code wizards know if it is possible to force the photo caption box inside the lightbox to open automatically? I've had issues with visitors not realizing there was a caption to read. It would be nice to open with the rest of the lightbox, still retain the default settings regarding minimizing/maximizing and 'hiding' so that it's not overly obtrusive. Thanks!
Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2013
    Any of the code wizards know if it is possible to force the photo caption box inside the lightbox to open automatically? I've had issues with visitors not realizing there was a caption to read. It would be nice to open with the rest of the lightbox, still retain the default settings regarding minimizing/maximizing and 'hiding' so that it's not overly obtrusive. Thanks!

This shouldn't need to be a customization. Titles are a new addition to smugmug. There must be billions of photos on smugmug sites with no titles. Why would titles suddenly be the only thing we see when we open a photo in lightbox? It makes no sense. I'd prefer if they removed titles altogether from newsmug.

Dave
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2013
    I don't get titles at all because in Photoshop CS5, I used the same text for title and description. SM seems to be smart enough to figure you would not want the same thing twice on the screen. That was actually smart. However, I would like the OPTION of using either the Title OR the DESCRIPTION to appear in Lightbox.
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    I'm not worried about the titles as much as the description. Since not all photos have one, the arrow to view them isn't as explanatory for the less 'tech savvy' users. Some visitors weren't aware of the description's existence.

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    I can't think of a reason why anyone would hover the filename to revel the caption. I would like to see it popped
    up and collapse with everything else or maybe in half the time.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Allen wrote: »
    I can't think of a reason why anyone would hover the filename to revel the caption. I would like to see it popped
    up and collapse with everything else or maybe in half the time.

Agreed!