Options

More College Hockey

divmedic4divmedic4 Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited September 12, 2013 in Sports
Some more shots from over the weekend. As always, comments and constructive feedback are appreciated.

1)
9695168567_230aee7007_c.jpg
UNCW vs CCU 9/13 by Divmedic4, on Flickr

2)
9695178101_946f8a92eb_c.jpg

3)
9698396356_89e8d94aa6_c.jpg

4)
9698384778_b337e408c2_c.jpg
Canon 7D, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS, EF 50 1.8 II, 430EXII

Tom

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    your exposures and WB are good but these all lack action. Shot 2 is the only one with any real action but the result isn't that compelling. Puck drops are like volleyball serves or basketball free-throws. Try to avoid them, IMO. You've got your settings down, now you need to capture the game action.
  • Options
    john ljohn l Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    Hi Tom. I agree with the previous comment. I looked at your flickr account and you do have better actions shots there. You always want to see the face and the puck in a good action shot. Keep up the good work. I will be shooting some 6 year old select hockey players on the weekend and if I don't foul everything up I will try and post some of the results. I'm an old guy and have problems trying to post from photo bucket to grin. j
  • Options
    divmedic4divmedic4 Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    johng wrote: »
    your exposures and WB are good but these all lack action. Shot 2 is the only one with any real action but the result isn't that compelling. Puck drops are like volleyball serves or basketball free-throws. Try to avoid them, IMO. You've got your settings down, now you need to capture the game action.
    john l wrote: »
    Hi Tom. I agree with the previous comment. I looked at your flickr account and you do have better actions shots there. You always want to see the face and the puck in a good action shot. Keep up the good work. I will be shooting some 6 year old select hockey players on the weekend and if I don't foul everything up I will try and post some of the results. I'm an old guy and have problems trying to post from photo bucket to grin. j

Thank you very much to both of you. Going back over them, I definitely see what you are saying about the lack of action. I think part of this was trying to post something a little different than previous posts without thinking about what was actually in the shots.
    Canon 7D, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS, EF 50 1.8 II, 430EXII

Tom