Options

Pinning at different layout levels

phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited November 8, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Hi...

i'm working on different designs right now to play with the features of the new SM.

Right now i try to pin a left sidebar on "Entire site" and a pinned right sidebar for "Homepage".

The left sidebar for "Entire site" is pinned and stays on screen while scrolling down, but the right sidebar for "Homepage" scrolls down with the body content.

The idea is to have a main navigation bar on the left and for homepage to have a samples photo list (Mulitple photos, collage portrait) and a fixed sidebar "Samples galleries" on the right.

Is this a bug or is it impossible to have two pinned sidebars on different levels? Any ideas?

If one of the SMHeroes want to have a look, it is the not yet publish "Phaserbeam Pinned" design.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    At this point it is only possible to have one pinned item on your whole site. It's a known issue that the pinning option is still available in other sections. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    At this point it is only possible to have one pinned item on your whole site. It's a known issue that the pinning option is still available in other sections. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

No problem, thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    DiveUpDiveUp Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited November 8, 2013
    Pin multiple sidebars bump!
    Hi!

I'm bumping this because I am also interested in any updates relating to pinning multiple side bars on a page (entire site to be specific). Currently my left sidebar is the only one pinned.

I looked at the source and messed around. My goal is to pin both sidebars. Here are the current div containers for each sidebar:
    <div class="sm-page-layout-region sm-page-layout-region-left sm-page-layout-region-pinned" style="width: 200px; left: 0px; min-height: 779px;" data-layout-region="Left" id="yui_3_8_0_1_1383963445013_1065">
    . . .
    </div>

<div class="sm-page-layout-region sm-page-layout-region-right" style="width: 180px;" data-layout-region="Right">
    . . .
    </div>

Now I can pin both sides is I add this class to the right sidebar as well:
    <div class="sm-page-layout-region sm-page-layout-region-right sm-page-layout-region-pinned" style="width: 180px;" data-layout-region="Right">
    . . .
    </div>
    Is it possible to make changes to the source code by incorporating a HMTL customization box on the page?

Thanks,
    DiveUp