Options

collection of css

krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited September 14, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm requesting/suggesting that there be a thread of css codes in a dictionary-style format which could become 'sticky' if it proves beneficial. Unless we are knowledgable in css we are left to ask others to virtually write custom code for each issue we have. This alone can be intimidating because we're are aware of not wanting to appear to be 'taking' more than 'giving'. And a lot of time is wasted writing and waiting for a response then perhaps correcting the initial question, and waiting again. Fortunately quite a few foks on DGrin are very giving and, like Aaron, are extremely learned, patient and helpful.

Aaron's thread 'Freq requested simple mods/tweaks' is an excellent example of what we need as a start including inputs from folks like Lamah, Nicholas and Sumocity and others who have already contributed much.

I am collecting many of the css codes and snippets and, if I feel I can do it coherently, will make a page on my site for all to refer to before looking elsewhere.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
~Ciao
Charles
Brampton, Canada
www.charlesdalyphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2013
    +1 for sure! Why hasn't SM and the Heros thought of this before? If you drill through hundreds of posts in different areas, you find threads that have users who have an url in their signature that lets you know they have a group of customizations - you have to get lucky. So, a sticky of all of these would be very useful. Maybe add a "use at own risk" for Sm and Hero protection.

If Charles creates a thread like he intends, can we please make it a sticky? Otherwise, we will have to get lucky to find his thread!