Options

Grant access to specific folders and their galleries

rougetaureaurougetaureau Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited September 13, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Hi... I ran into what is, I think, a counter-intuitive thing in the new SmugMug, but maybe it is just me not processing it the right way.
There are some galleries I created, belonging to a specific project (let's call it Production 1).
I want to share these galleries with my co-workers, but don't want them to be public.
So
I created a folder named PRODUCTION 1 and moved all the galleries associated with it in the folder.
I went into the settings to the FOLDER and marked them as UNLISTED with a PASSWORD.
I chose all the galleries belonging to the folder and marked the privacy setting as INHERITED.
Then I copied the URL address of the folder and bookmarked it.

I logged out and went to the folder URL's address.
I entered the password, as prompted.
But I can't see any of the galleries.

Obviously, what I want is, for the galleries belonging to the folder and inheriting its security settings, to be visible.

Is that feasible?
If not, this is a feature requet. Beat the collecting option, because taking advantage of the new hierarchy system in the new SmugMug.

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    Hi,

Thanks for writing, I apologize that's happening.

Unlisted means that they will not show up as a list of galleries on your site. What it sounds like you want to do is indeed keep them passworded, but not make them unlisted.

Best Regards,
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    rougetaureaurougetaureau Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    Well. I think what I would like THE BEST would be for a password-protected folder to just be unlocked (galeries included) when we enter the password.
    But to see the galleries listed (and have to enter a password to get in) would be some kind of work-around, although I am not sure my collaborators would appreciate to enter passwords for each and every gallery they visit.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited September 13, 2013
    Well. I think what I would like THE BEST would be for a password-protected folder to just be unlocked (galeries included) when we enter the password.
    But to see the galleries listed (and have to enter a password to get in) would be some kind of work-around, although I am not sure my collaborators would appreciate to enter passwords for each and every gallery they visit.
    In legacy smug if the password was the same as one already entered the viewer didn't need to enter it again. I assume the same is true now.

--- Denise