Options

Utilize a custom theme to add a banner/header to a gallery

carroll1carroll1 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I want to be able to apply a custom theme to a gallery and, by doing so, a specific banner will show up on that gallery.

Can someone please explain how to do this? I believe I will have to utilize custom CSS but am not sure how that would work.

The reason I want to do this is because I will want a different gallery to load a different banner via a different custom theme.

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    carroll1 wrote: »
    I want to be able to apply a custom theme to a gallery and, by doing so, a specific banner will show up on that gallery.

Can someone please explain how to do this? I believe I will have to utilize custom CSS but am not sure how that would work.

The reason I want to do this is because I will want a different gallery to load a different banner via a different custom theme.

Carroll,
    Having read your other thread I have some additional questions. If someone just read this question they'd say "well, just click "Just This Gallery" and place its own banner content block in and wallah. But I have a feeling you want to have 5 different banner's and certain galleries have one or the other .... which is why you want it defined in the CSS.

When you say a "banner" is this just an image that is displayed on the top? Can you store the different images in a gallery somewhere on SmugMug so we can link to them via CSS? If so, that would be your best bet. You'd also need to let us know where you want to place it. Giving us an example gallery, setup how you'd want one of them, would be easiest for us to help you out.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations