Options

Gallery Page Numbers Problem

dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
edited September 30, 2013 in Bug Reporting
The drop down list of gallery page numbers still covers up part of the total page number when over two digits.
There is also an unneeded down arrow to the right. I use Firefox.

numbers-X3.jpg

Cheers,
See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    I miss the first and last page jump arrows. Now have to pop out page drop
    and if a lot of pages have to mouse a long way.

... and those huge left and right chevrons for changing page are totally ridiculous and
    take up way too much space to allow larger thumbs. I keep clicking in that huge space
    and changing page by mistake.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2013
    Im having this same issue as Dennis, i posted this somewhere else (no response yet)

Using FF and IE, I get an error, but slightly different on both browers. I get the next page arror '>' but I also on the bottom of the thumbnails, if there are more than one page, I also get a different style of down arrow.

Could someone help me with this error?

I can remove the pagination totally using this code:

.sm-gallery-tiles-pagination {
    display: none;
    }

but I dont want to remove it entirely, just want the error fixed

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    FWIW, I'm using the following CSS hack in an "All Galleries" CSS block to fix how it looks in FF, I've no idea how it affects the look in other browsers:
    /* Adjust position of SmugMug-Style Gallery pagination drop-down button */    
    .sm-gallery-tiles-pagination-total{
    padding-left:20px
    }

/* Visually re-center the SmugMug-Style Gallery pagination block */    
    .sm-gallery-tiles-pagination{
    padding-right:25px
    }

/* Hide the useless down-arrow next to the SmugMug-Style Gallery pagination digits */    
    .sm-gallery-smugmug .sm-fonticon.sm-fonticon-small.sm-fonticon-AngleBracketDown {
    display:none;
    }

Of course, if SM fixed the problem there would be no need to check how it looks in other browsers thumb.gif

Sorry about the late edits.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    Thanks for the code, I will try it out. Personally I dont care how it looks in IE since I use FF but most people use IE so we need things to work in both (the heck with the rest lol)

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    Let me know how it goes and if you find a way of improving it thumb.gif
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 675 Major grins
    beardedgit wrote: »
    FWIW, I'm using the following CSS hack in an "All Galleries" CSS block to fix how it looks in FF, I've no idea how it affects the look in other browsers ...

Thank you beardedgit. I poached your CSS code for my site. I put it in the "Entire Site" CSS block. Looks great in FF23. Acceptable in IE10 and Chrome29 although there is an open gap where the FF puts that little square dropdown control. Haven't tried other browsers.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    The drop down list of gallery page numbers still covers up part of the total page number when over two digits.
    There is also an unneeded down arrow to the right. I use Firefox.

numbers-X3.jpg

Cheers,

Yep, this looks really bad in Firefox...which is my primary browser. I also use Chrome, and in Chrome, the big ugly drop-down arrow doesn't appear. However, it still doesn't behave in a way I think it should, intuitively. I think I should be able to click the little chevron to get the list of pages, but clicking the small chevron does nothing. I actually have to click the list of page numbers to get the drop-down list to appear.

Everywhere else I'm supposed to click the chevrons to navigate. For example, I click the large chevrons to scroll to the next thumbnail page, or I click the photo-level chevrons to scroll to the next/prev photo. But here, clicking the little chevron doesn't navigate...seems inconsistent and not-very-user-friendly.
  • Options
    Well, I'm happy that the code worked, even though it's not 100% effective.
    If anybody wants to poach any more bits of what I'm using, they can find them at http://beardedgit.smugmug.com/CustomCSS but bear in mind that I've only posted what works for me, my site and Firefox - on other setups, YMMV.
  • Options
    for me, using your code, the drop down menu button no positions its self between the '1' and the '/' but in IE9, the drop down button us before the '1' lol, BUT: its cleaner, and the dropdown button isnt overtop of anything so as far as im concerned, it works juuuust fine :)

Thanks!

• Options
    DJKennedy wrote: »
    for me, using your code, the drop down menu button no positions its self between the '1' and the '/' but in IE9, the drop down button us before the '1' lol,...

I've seen examples where similar hacks are set up on a "per browser" basis, ie a different setting for each of the more common browsers. I stayed away from that and just stuck to a fix for FF, as I don't use the others. No doubt the experts on the Customization Forum could help with the code if you need it thumb.gif
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    FWIW, I'm using the following CSS hack in an "All Galleries" CSS block to fix how it looks in FF, I've no idea how it affects the look in other browsers:
    /* Adjust position of SmugMug-Style Gallery pagination drop-down button */    
    .sm-gallery-tiles-pagination-total{
    padding-left:20px
    }

/* Visually re-center the SmugMug-Style Gallery pagination block */    
    .sm-gallery-tiles-pagination{
    padding-right:25px
    }

/* Hide the useless down-arrow next to the SmugMug-Style Gallery pagination digits */    
    .sm-gallery-smugmug .sm-fonticon.sm-fonticon-small.sm-fonticon-AngleBracketDown {
    display:none;
    }

Of course, if SM fixed the problem there would be no need to check how it looks in other browsers thumb.gif

Sorry about the late edits.

Thanks!
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com