Options

allow facebook and social media sharing on PW protected galleries

Red Bridge PhotoRed Bridge Photo Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited March 29, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I know, it's password protected so why say share? Well, we like to let those who we know are supposed to have access to the gallery (mainly brides and grooms and their families) we want them to be able to decide what they share with others via social media. The like option even when it is password protect would be great. They keep screenshotting everything and the quality is horrible when they share them via facebook.

Comments

• Options
    lmirantelmirante Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2014
    I would also very much like this feature.
  • Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2014
    I know, it's password protected so why say share? Well, we like to let those who we know are supposed to have access to the gallery (mainly brides and grooms and their families) we want them to be able to decide what they share with others via social media. The like option even when it is password protect would be great. They keep screenshotting everything and the quality is horrible when they share them via facebook.

have you tried just sharing the album to your facebook page, and then they can tag from there? Thats how I use it, publish the album to FB, all my albums are pass-worded, then family or who ever can tag away.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 29, 2014
    I posted a similar request to this. I want to handle the content security separate from the gallery security. In this instance it would be nice if you could password protect your gallery while enabling the sharing of the content for users who have access to the password protected content. In the same token, the ability to retain the password protection on the content on a password protected gallery.

In my case I want to Hide Owner on the Content, but not Hide Owner on the Gallery. I want the users who accesses my gallery to be able to link back on breadcrumbs and menu's, but when my content is shared on their social media - I don't want that to expose my entire gallery via the url.

I support this type of customization on content, allowing users to specific the options at the content level instead of inheriting it from the Gallery.
  • Options
    DBRDBR Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2014
    I would also really love to have this feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk