Options

Page doesn't show on homepage

SportymonkSportymonk Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited September 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Tried to do a search but the words "ABOUT ME" were too short and search ignored them. Apologize if something already out there.

Problem is I have created an "About Me Page" but it doesn't show up except at the bottom of my organize list. I would love to have it on my home page but cannot get it there by dragging or any other method. The only way I can see it is to click organize, click on the About me page and them click on the take me there link where I can see it. Don't think people can or will do that.

When I am in organize I can see a spot for it on my homepage but it doesn't show up.

What can I do?
Eagles may soar but foxes don't get sucked into jet engines!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited September 14, 2013
    Sportymonk wrote: »
    Problem is I have created an "About Me Page" but it doesn't show up except at the bottom of my organize list. I would love to have it on my home page but cannot get it there by dragging or any other method.
    I've found that I'm not able to use drag & drop on all browsers. I've had success with drag & drop using IE but not using Firefox or Chrome (on a computer running Windows 8).

It's worth trying a different browser.

I've logged this under bug reporting, drag & drop not working in some environments (new smug).

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    Everything shows in "organizer". Only things shown on pages are what you add content for. You would have to
    add a "folders, galleries, pages" box to your homepage and set to "current location". For pages like
    guestbook most put a direct link in their menu for it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    SportymonkSportymonk Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    I tried again and the "About Me" page shows in the organizer and you can see a space labeled about me in the squares for the homepage. But it doesn't show up. Tried different settings and nothing is working. Finally added al ink in the menu at the top but I really want a image with the rest of the images.

Tried to create another page and it too was invisible on the home page. Pages must be invisible on the homepage.
    Eagles may soar but foxes don't get sucked into jet engines!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    Sportymonk wrote: »
    I tried again and the "About Me" page shows in the organizer and you can see a space labeled about me in the squares for the homepage. ...
    Sounds like you have not featured a photo for the page is why it only looks like a space.

Click on the "About Me" "space" then click "done" up in the corner.
    Should open the page. Add a text or html box to the page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog