Options

Logged out

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
edited September 16, 2013 in Bug Reporting
99 out 100 a times I start FF and go to my site it's logged out looking a legacy. I always hit refresh a
bunch of times and maybe one out of 20 times it switches to NewSmug. I think there's a cookie
management problem with Smugmug cookies that needs fixen.

I always leave my site logged in on NewSmug and "remember" was checked when logging in.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I think there's a cookie management problem with Smugmug cookies that needs fixen.

I'm using a not supported browser (Opera) and don't have that problem. I have that problem every now and then when i switch between my home-pc and office-pc but as long as i stay on the same pc i'm always logged in.

So it might be an issue with a supported webbrowser and cookie management...

Have you tried to clear all cookies ?
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    99 out 100 a times I start FF and go to my site it's logged out looking a legacy. I always hit refresh a
    bunch of times and maybe one out of 20 times it switches to NewSmug. I think there's a cookie
    management problem with Smugmug cookies that needs fixen.

I always leave my site logged in on NewSmug and "remember" was checked when logging in.

Hi Allen,

Please clear cookies and cache then close and restart FF. You will be asked to login but the cookies should remember your logged in status and keep you logged in. Please see this page for instructions on how to clear cookies and cache:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/950396
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    There are two issues here.
    Keeping logged in is one, but the other problem is when you log out on purpose and try to log in again the log in screen does not remember your log in information so you have to type it in again.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    There are two issues here.
    Keeping logged in is one, but the other problem is when you log out on purpose and try to log in again the log in screen does not remember your log in information so you have to type it in again.

Cheers,
    Yeah, that second one is making SM look distinctly amateurish. It's like having a tramp in the procession of supermodels walking down SM's cat-walk :D
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    Powered up just now and opened Smug in new tab. Legacy showed up but hit F5 (refresh) and got switched to NewSmug.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog