Options

Several customization ?s

wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited September 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi

Can anyone help me with the following customizations: (I hope you can see my site since I have not yet "unveiled" the new smugmug)

- Many of my folders and galleries are not showing up or linking. When you click on Travel or Documentary from my homepage, there are no gallieries

- How do I extend the shaded left sidebar down on my homepage to encompass the nav bar links?

- How do I decrease the space on the left sidebar between my logo and the vertical nav bar?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited September 15, 2013
    wasigan wrote: »
    (I hope you can see my site since I have not yet "unveiled" the new smugmug)
    The only people who can see your site if you haven't unveiled are you and the smugmug heros.
    - How do I decrease the space on the left sidebar between my logo and the vertical nav bar?
    I'm assuming that the logo and the navbar are two separate elements. You should be able to adjust the margins of each element. Choose the triangle icon and then change the values for the top or bottom margin, depending on which element you are changing.

--- Denise
  • Options
    Hi Denise,

I thought so too, but there is no tool to adjust the margins on either of the elements - the logo or the Nav Bar. Just a wrench.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    I thought so too, but there is no tool to adjust the margins on either of the elements - the logo or the Nav Bar. Just a wrench.
    Where are you trying to customize the elements? If I look at my site - I have the logo / nav defined for "entire site". If I customize "entire site" I see all of the icons. If I try the same thing with customize set to "homepage" I only see the wrench.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    - Many of my folders and galleries are not showing up or linking. When you click on Travel or Documentary from my homepage, there are no gallieries.
    Assuming these are the categories the same as your legacy site go to one of them like /Travel
    And if a blank page show.
    Customize > customize site
    highlight "all folders" upper right and below in content area click "navigation" to expand it
    find and drag a "folders, galleries, pages" out to the page
    click the wrench on it and for "select from" chose "current location"
    This will add the folder box to every folder page, all you old category and sub-cat pages.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks Allen and Denise,

Your fixes worked! But now......

I'm having difficulty setting "All Galleries" to display at the Landscape Collage setting. I set it up like that, and when I go in, they're back at the Smugmug setting.

Finally -- is there a way to get rid of the folder and gallery icons next to the name?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    Finally -- is there a way to get rid of the folder and gallery icons next to the name?
    Try this in "all folders" CSS.
    .sm-tile-folder .sm-tile-type-icon:after, 
    .sm-tile-album .sm-tile-type-icon:after {
      display: none;
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog