Options

New galleries - I can't create them - why?

WildWorldWildWorld Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited September 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I fill out the form for creating a new gallery and click on save and nothing happens. Any ideas as to why I can't create a new gallery?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 16, 2013
    How to reformat description text in new theme galleries?
    The new site designs play havoc with my carefully formatted gallery descriptions - they just destroy it. I will have to reformat the descriptions in all my galleries if I'm to switch to the new Smugmug. How do I reformat the gallery descriptions in new designs - I can't see any way to do it. Or alternatively, what kind of formatting in the legacy descriptions will the new site designs faithfully reproduce? Eg what code for paragraphing do I use, and what code for links so they are underlined in the new site designs?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    WildWorld wrote: »
    The new site designs play havoc with my carefully formatted gallery descriptions - they just destroy it. I will have to reformat the descriptions in all my galleries if I'm to switch to the new Smugmug. How do I reformat the gallery descriptions in new designs - I can't see any way to do it. Or alternatively, what kind of formatting in the legacy descriptions will the new site designs faithfully reproduce? Eg what code for paragraphing do I use, and what code for links so they are underlined in the new site designs?
    I've been fixing my descriptions on the legacy site so they look ok on NewSmug. Some of my legacy
    pages that were html/text pages I created new pages, not galleries, on NewSmug basically copying
    what I had on legacy to a html box on a NewSmug page.

Can you post a couple examples of these?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks Alan :-) I can't post any examples because I don't know how to. The new site designs don't have specific links for specific galleries. Do you know whether, if I were to choose a site design and then launch my site by clicking on "unveil new Smugmug" I would be able to reformat the gallery descriptions on the new Smugmug?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    WildWorld wrote: »
    Thanks Alan :-) I can't post any examples because I don't know how to. The new site designs don't have specific links for specific galleries. Do you know whether, if I were to choose a site design and then launch my site by clicking on "unveil new Smugmug" I would be able to reformat the gallery descriptions on the new Smugmug?
    I'm tweaking almost everything before unveil. I do almost all content changes on legacy then view in
    NewSmug to see how it looks. No hurry to unveil, probably got many months. By that time most bugs
    and feature requests should be worked out.

Without unveiling no one can see your NewSmug.
    You could post a link to your legacy site for things you're trying to create/clean-up in NewSmug. Like
    text/info/html pages or gallery descriptions. If you open my site (legacy) and go to the "site index" in
    my top menu you'll see a page that in NewSmug I created "Page" pasting in the same html
    and minor tweaked it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Re "I'm tweaking almost everything before unveil" - that sounds like a good strategy to me. And re "By that time most bugs
    and feature requests should be worked out" - yes I guess I should be patient about this whole biz!
    I'll study your second paragraph in due course - just got some other things to do first.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply :-)