Options

2 hours of work - gone

donmacguydonmacguy Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I did a good deal of customization of my legacy site. Not ready to publish yet, so on exiting I clicked very distinctly and carefully on "Save Changes for Later" Upon going back, I don't see any of the work I did. Different theme, different everything. Right where I had started.
Has anyone else had this amazingly frustrating experience? Anyone know why? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    Did you go to:
    Entire Site/Theme/Available Themes/
    then scroll to the bottom, to My Themes
    Click the + sign, and there should be the saved theme.
    You had to assign a name, I think, or, perhaps it assigned a default name for you.
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2013
    Thank you for your reply. I just did that. I had originally used the Sierra theme, then used the menu to change themes to Pixie. When I go to my SmugMug page, it still opens to "Copy of Sierra." I now can go down to Entire Site/Theme/My Theme (my name for the new one) and select "My Themes/My New Theme" but it still opens to Copy of Sierra and I have to use the menu to "Customize/Choose New Site Design" to choose Copy of Pixie, then the above to get to where I want to be. Even when I exit and save changes for later, it always goes back to Copy of Sierra. I don't want to put in hours of more work only to have it revert to the Sierra theme with nothing really done to it. I'd like it to open to what I have worked on.
    The other problem being, the only way to test it is to Unveil New SmugMug and I'm not ready to do that yet.
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2013
    Finally stumbled upon a video that had something useful. Turns out that I need to Publish. I assumed that meant that I would be unveling the new look. Guess not. Thanks for the assistance.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2013
    Yes, I was going to say, choose Publish. It's a scary word, Publish, as it sounds like "make public". But it lets you see the site live to you only. You can even navigate all through the site as if the whole site was live. Drill down to a category and from there you can Customize Site, and see the category level as you edit that. Then Publish again. Then navigate to a gallery level and Customize Site and make changes to that layer. Publish, navigate to a page (drills down as deep as you can go), Customize Site to that level.

It took me awhile to figure this out and actually I'm not completely sure I'm working/editing/modifying in the most efficient way. Maybe someone else will offer alternatives.