Options

Embedding Lifestream

ThalestrThalestr Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hello folks. I had emailed support to inquire about this and I was directed here to ask you guys.

I'm trying to figure out if I can embed a livestreaming video player (such as Justin.tv, Twitch, Ustream, etc) on my Smugmug in the same way you can with something like Youtube.

If you have any ideas on how this could work then please let me know!

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 18, 2013
    What kind of code do they provide? If it is simple HTML I believe you should be able to embed it using an HTML content block, but without knowing what the site provides it may or may not be possible. If it needs an iframe you will not be able to embed it.

--- Denise
  • Options
    What kind of code do they provide? If it is simple HTML I believe you should be able to embed it using an HTML content block, but without knowing what the site provides it may or may not be possible. If it needs an iframe you will not be able to embed it.

--- Denise

The embed links look like this:
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www-cdn.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf&quot; bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www-cdn.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf&quot; /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Title&channel=thegoden&archive_id=463250021" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/thegoden#r=-rid-&s=em&quot; class="trk" style="padding: 2px 0px 4px; display: block; width: 320px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: underline; text-align: center;">Watch live video from thegoden on Justin.tv</a>
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    Thalestr wrote: »
    The embed links look like this:
    If I embed that on a page on my smug site it shows me a link and when I click on the link it opens the page. It's not embedded.

Is there another set of code available?
    Why don't you try it? Create a page and place an HTML content block on it. Then place the code in that block.

I'm not sure if it will work but it may be worth a try. But again, if it needs an iframe that is not supported.

--- Denise
  • Options
    If I embed that on a page on my smug site it shows me a link and when I click on the link it opens the page. It's not embedded.

Is there another set of code available?
    Why don't you try it? Create a page and place an HTML content block on it. Then place the code in that block.

I'm not sure if it will work but it may be worth a try. But again, if it needs an iframe that is not supported.

--- Denise

The only other code it gives me uses an iframe so that wouldn't work.

Ack! This is frustrating. Justin.tv offers a preview of what your video will look like using the embedded code but it doesn't work on Smugmug. Does the code I provided use an iframe?

Edit: When I go back into the HTML content-block after putting in my code I noticed what I had entered was gone and the only thing that remained was the code which was responsible for the text link. Ack.
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2013
    SmugMug probably don't support the tag either, so it's being stripped out.