Options

All gone

summer73summer73 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I finished my account with the Legacy model. After checking everything out, I "unveiled" it. When I went to see my website, all the photos ARE GONE. GONE GONE GONE...What the H... happened? Where are my galleries. All I have is the homepage. Everything is GONE.

Comments

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2013
    Has the support desk confirmed this?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    Try typing /browse behind your site url and see what that brings up.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    I tried typing "browse" and nothing. I have not heard from support. It's been several hours. I thought someone on this forum might have had similar trouble and could help me. A lot of work, a lot of photos...all gone.

I just heard from support and after doing what they suggested, there are still no photos. WOW...
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    If you didn't delete them, they are still there.
  • Options
    Can you go to one of your old category pages? Like /Family or whatever?
    If it's blank you need to add a folders box to it.

This is just a folder on NewSmug but it's already named from legacy.

Do you see anything on the page?
    If not you'll have to add the boxes to show what you want.
    Highlight "all folders" in top of right flyout. With that highlighted we'll now add boxes so every folder page has content.

Below click "navigation" to expand it.
    There are a couple things you can add. They will show whatever current content you have on the legacy.
    - "folders" (shows all sub-cats in /Travel - sub-folders in NewSmug)
    - "folders, galleries, pages" (shows all sub-cats/sub-folders in /Travel and any galleries not in sub-cat plus any pages you add. This is all merged together in one box
    - "folders" and "galleries" boxes (drag two boxes over each showing their content)

Drag one of them out to the page.

For each box there is a wrench to click on in the top left. On the box settings page for "select from"
    chose "current location". Now every old category or subcat you go to will have what ever legacy had.
  • Options
    Thanks, Allen. I tried all of that and nothing happened. When I went back to the site after a break, I suddenly had two sets of galleries/folders. Can't figure it out but am too tired right now to figure it out. It will have to wait until after my weekend of art show and then I'll get to it. At least the photos are up for any potential clients. Thanks. I'll probably need more help next week when I get back to it.
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2013
    Got up this morning and the site is operational! Thanks everyone. Keep at it, people!
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2013
    summer73 wrote: »
    Got up this morning and the site is operational! Thanks everyone. Keep at it, people!
    This has popped up for a few, any chance of giving us a summary of what you found to get it working?