Options

Links to Unlisted Galleries?

canderson1229canderson1229 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited September 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Does anyone know if there is a quick way to grab a link while in the organizer? Maybe I'm missing something?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 21, 2013
    The only place where I see the URL in organizer is in Settings for the gallery. I usually grab it when I am viewing the gallery but it would be helpful to be able to grab the URL in organizer as well.

--- Denise
  • Options
    The only place where I see the URL in organizer is in Settings for the gallery. I usually grab it when I am viewing the gallery but it would be helpful to be able to grab the URL in organizer as well.

--- Denise
    Even grabbing it in settings its my .smugmug address not my url. The links I want to grab are for clients, so essentially I need to type out an entire new address for that unlisted gallery. Is that the only way?
  • Options
    Open the gallery and pull the URL from the browser... Not in organizer but it's the right link.
  • Options
    Open the gallery and pull the URL from the browser... Not in organizer but it's the right link.

But can you just open the gallery without typing in the correct url?
  • Options
    You can see unlisted galleries in the folder when you are logged in.
  • Options
    You can see unlisted galleries in the folder when you are logged in.
    I'm sorry to seem such a pest but I can see all gallery's when logged in. Is there a "special" place where unlisted galleries are listed and if so how do you open them from organizer? Even public galleries I'm not sure how to open from organizer, those I can see from my home page.

Thanks Denise
  • Options
    I'm sorry to seem such a pest but I can see all gallery's when logged in. Is there a "special" place where unlisted galleries are listed and if so how do you open them from organizer? Even public galleries I'm not sure how to open from organizer, those I can see from my home page.
    I guess I don't know what you are looking to do.

Are you trying to give a URL for an unlisted gallery to someone? If you are, open the gallery, copy the link from the browser bar, and give it to your customer. You'll see that the URL has some extra characters at the end of the name; that's because it is an unlisted gallery. You can test access to the gallery by using the URL in a browser where you are not logged in to smug.

If that's not what you are trying to do, please give me more details.

--- Denise
  • Options
    I guess I don't know what you are looking to do.

Are you trying to give a URL for an unlisted gallery to someone? If you are, open the gallery, copy the link from the browser bar, and give it to your customer. You'll see that the URL has some extra characters at the end of the name; that's because it is an unlisted gallery. You can test access to the gallery by using the URL in a browser where you are not logged in to smug.

If that's not what you are trying to do, please give me more details.

--- Denise
    Yes, I'm trying to give the link to the unlisted gallery to a client to view. To open an unlisted gallery I have to type in the url to the gallery to open it, unless there is another way to open it othen than that. When getting the url from the gallery settings it shows my .smugmug address not my url, which is what I'm trying to give a client. Is there something I'm missing here? How else do you open an unlisted gallery, I'm confused on this. How do I open a gallery to show my url not my .smugmug address?
  • Options
    Yes, I'm trying to give the link to the unlisted gallery to a client to view. To open an unlisted gallery I have to type in the url to the gallery to open it, unless there is another way to open it othen than that. When getting the url from the gallery settings it shows my .smugmug address not my url, which is what I'm trying to give a client. Is there something I'm missing here? How else do you open an unlisted gallery, I'm confused on this. How do I open a gallery to show my url not my .smugmug address?
    • Log on to your site.
    • update the URL in the browser to use your custom URL.
    • Open the folder that contains the gallery. If you haven't exposed that folder from your menu, add /browse to your URL to open all folders.
    • Open the gallery.
    • Either copy the address from the browser URL bar (use the mouse to highlight, then use the browser to copy the highlighted text and paste it in your communication with the customer, OR use Share... get a link. If the gallery style is smugmug, share... get a link... is exposed. If you're are using one of the collage styles you'll need to click to lightbox to expose share... get a link. copy the link you want from that page, then send it to your customer.
    For a gallery link it is less clicks to pull the gallery link from the browser URL bar using copy/paste.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93254-how-do-i-get-a-link-to-share-my-galleries-.

--- Denise
  • Options
    • Log on to your site.
    • update the URL in the browser to use your custom URL.
    • Open the folder that contains the gallery. If you haven't exposed that folder from your menu, add /browse to your URL to open all folders.
    • Open the gallery.
    • Either copy the address from the browser URL bar (use the mouse to highlight, then use the browser to copy the highlighted text and paste it in your communication with the customer, OR use Share... get a link. If the gallery style is smugmug, share... get a link... is exposed. If you're are using one of the collage styles you'll need to click to lightbox to expose share... get a link. copy the link you want from that page, then send it to your customer.
    For a gallery link it is less clicks to pull the gallery link from the browser URL bar using copy/paste.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93254-how-do-i-get-a-link-to-share-my-galleries-.

--- Denise

Thank you Denise!