Model Ali in the Snow

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited January 4, 2006 in People
i am practically in love with ali. i don't know why, but i really think she is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. i have two classes with her and we've become really good friends. she saw the pictures of other girls on my site and asked if we could do that. i was so excited. when we got some fresh snow i decided we had to go shoot. and of course, as i almost always do, i shot during the sunset.

i completely forgot to overexpose the snow in these pictures, but photoshop's trusty exposure adjustment tool came to the rescue once again. i touched up her eyes and then did my lab trickery. i'm really happy with these now that i've touched them up and they look properly exposed.

i've only worked on the pictures that ali is ordering prints of so far.

please tell me what you think, i'd greatly appriciate it!

48179822-L.jpg

48186393-L.jpg

48177033-L.jpg

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    I'm no expert and it may be hard to tell for sure on web shots but, did you soften the facial features?

The reason I ask is that her face seems overly soft, the eyes especially, whereas some parts of her sweater for example are nice and sharp.

Also the eyes seem a little dark or "under lit" if that makes sense, maybe because of the bright background.

I think they are nice shots otherwise. Maybe I'm to used to seeing the eyes on Yuri's models.

Gene
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    good pictures. pretty girl. good luck mate!thumb.gif :feelgood naughty.gif

rolleyes1.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 13, 2005
    It's a great shoot, although I have to agree with Kini. Shots 2 and 3 appear front-focused. You can see the tip of her nose, her chin, and sweater are all in focus, while the eyes are OOF. Careful focusing on the eyes, and/or a deeper DOF would probably have helped.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    Great shots!!
    Good work!! #2 is my favorite.thumb.gif

Best of luck with everything above and beyond the photography. :D

Keep us posted.

-Adam
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 13, 2005
    dude, I can sympathize... I'm a sucker for emerald greens too.

iloveyou.gif

Oh right, the photos. Yeah, what they said. But I also know how hard it is. While shooting, you probably thought you had it spot on, but once at home you found out damn, the tip of her nose is the focus instead of the eyes, crap!

You live you learn, now go secure your friday night plans, eh? Where are your priorities!!!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    dude, I can sympathize... I'm a sucker for emerald greens too.

iloveyou.gif

Oh right, the photos. Yeah, what they said. But I also know how hard it is. While shooting, you probably thought you had it spot on, but once at home you found out damn, the tip of her nose is the focus instead of the eyes, crap!

You live you learn, now go secure your friday night plans, eh? Where are your priorities!!!
    15524779-Ti.gif I can see why you are infatuated...she's beautiful and the pictures seem to show there's an interesting personality there. Yeah, maybe there are some technical issues but the important thing is...does she like them and does she want more? :):

Erich
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    Hi binghott
    Great Photos!clap.gif
    I like all of them.
    To bad Ali don't live closer to North Carolina.
    Keep up the good work.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com