Options

Restoring lost info to New Sugmug

reefroamerreefroamer Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited September 23, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
How do I restore information that disappeared from the legacy to new SmugMug? For example, the About Me tab and related info is missing. Same for Guestbook. Same for the second word of my Page name. Same for missing originator's name on page. The new SmugMug page is unusable as is.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,253 moderator
    edited September 23, 2013
    Galleries that were HTML-only galleries on the old smug should be redone as pages in the new smug. You still have the text and the photo on your legacy site so it's a pretty simple change. The CSS from your old site doesn't apply to the new smug and I think you'll find that you won't need it in the new world.

Start with this help page - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/topics/538072. Hover over the section titles and click to more detailed help.

For your guestbook, create a page with some text and drag a comment block to it. When you drag the comment block you will be given the option to move your old guestbook comments to the new page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you are talking about. HTML? CSS? I just want to restore the name of my SmugMug site. It's been cut in half in the new smugmug. also, my name was dropped out. I can't figure out how to add text (even though I've tried in the customization setting). It's all geekspeak to me.
  • Options
    Trying to wipe out my web site on SmugMug and start over in the new SmugMug, but can't do it because my url is already in use as is my e-mail/account. How do I wipe my SmugMug history, legacy, etc. and start anew?
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    Looking at your site it looks like you have your account name displaying over your navigation. But if you want to add more text you just need to go into your customize menu and drag a title content block on there and add the text or a logo content block.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help