Options

brett.smugmug.com

helmet155helmet155 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited January 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to contact someone who owns a 'nickname' on smugmug? I am interested in purchasing the 'brett' from the guy who registered it...

It's obvious the guy doesn't use brett.smugmug.com but reserved it for no reason other than to profit off of smugmug's newness...

Thanks

Brett

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 13, 2005
    helmet155 wrote:
    Is there a way to contact someone who owns a 'nickname' on smugmug? I am interested in purchasing the 'brett' from the guy who registered it...

It's obvious the guy doesn't use brett.smugmug.com but reserved it for no reason other than to profit off of smugmug's newness...

Thanks

Brett
    Brett,

Perhaps contact smugmug support directly.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    helmet155 wrote:

Thanks

Brett

Hi Brett, thanks for writing. We won't contact him for you - we do not contact other members in that way. Same way, if someone wanted your name, we wouldn't contact you - it's part of our privacy policy, and we hold it dearly.

The account is in use, anyhow. I wouldn't say that anything is "obvious," perhaps the account holder's nickname is "brett?"

Sorry I can't help you. All the best,
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Brett, thanks for writing. We won't contact him for you - we do not contact other members in that way. Same way, if someone wanted your name, we wouldn't contact you - it's part of our privacy policy, and we hold it dearly.

The account is in use, anyhow. I wouldn't say that anything is "obvious," perhaps the account holder's nickname is "brett?"

Sorry I can't help you. All the best,
    Thank you for the response Andy. There is no need to be condescending with your use of quotations around obvious.

Are you a smugmug employee?
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 13, 2005
    helmet155 wrote:
    Thank you for the response Andy. There is no need to be condescending with your use of quotations around obvious.

1. I believe that if you look at some other posts by Andy, you'll find he's anything but condescending

2. 30 seconds of digging on brett.smugmug.com, found all the info that you are looking for.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 13, 2005
    bigwebguy wrote:
    2. 30 seconds of digging on brett.smugmug.com, found all the info that you are looking for.
    I think you will find that the message you linked to was posted by helmet155.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    I don't think those were the condescending use of quotation marks, but the quoting use of quotation marks. The condescending use of quotation marks is idiotic anyhow, originated by the ring leader of idiots, Nietzche.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    I don't think those were the condescending use of quotation marks, but the quoting use of quotation marks. The condescending use of quotation marks is idiotic anyhow, originated by the ring leader of idiots, Nietzche.
    Let's not head in an uncivil direction with this okay? thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2005
    helmet155 wrote:
    Hi Brett, thanks for writing back. I guess you don't know me very well. Anyhow, sorry that you took it in a way other than it was intended.
    helmet155 wrote:

Yep.

All the best,
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Let's not head in an uncivil direction with this okay? thumb.gif
    Yeah, I just didn't think that bashing Nietzche would be uncivil, but then I suppose there are people who like him or I wouldn't be forced to read (and take a final exam tomorrow concerning) him. Heh, is it clear now why I dislike him...stinkin exams. He is the inventor of sarcastic quotation marks though.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Yeah, I just didn't think that bashing Nietzche would be uncivil, but then I suppose there are people who like him or I wouldn't be forced to read (and take a final exam tomorrow concerning) him. Heh, is it clear now why I dislike him...stinkin exams. He is the inventor of sarcastic quotation marks though.
    Just nipping in the bud is all...

In my head the conversation went something like this...

:bluduh

umph.gif

:poke

:argue

:soapbox

:beatwax

:deadhorse

FLIPA.gif

:splat
    :stfu

:gun2

:grim

:boid

:banned

:cry

And nobody wants that now do they?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 14, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    I think you will find that the message you linked to was posted by helmet155.
    i didnt read it that way but i see what you're saying.

probably looking at the date helps too. doh.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Since when did the use of quotations become condescending?? Andy's use of them was indeed with merit, so stop being so defensive. He was nicely trying to help you, even though it was a question you already knew the answer to.

Did you actually think that SM was gonna contact the other Brett & ask him to give up his page that he paid for so you could have it??? I want kerrybailey.com, but its already taken,so I just have to get over it & you should too. Cheers...Kerry
  • Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    I always wondered who invented them. How is "Nietzche" pronounced?
    (note- those are just normal quotation marks)

Bear
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    I always wondered who invented them. How is "Nietzche" pronounced?
    (note- those are just normal quotation marks)

Bear

Sort of like a girlie-sneeze: Knee-chuh
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2006
    Wow. I just read this thread. It seems to have blown a lot of skirts up.

Please, everyone, accept my apologies to you and to Andy! My intention was not to upset anyone.