Options

I have not unveiled yet but......

BuzzFisherBuzzFisher Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited December 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am one of those folks who really worries that I will screw something up when changing so try to really take my time and understand as much as I can before doing so. With that in mind, I have a few questions that are eluding me.
First, the 'Share' button is not present to allow me to share a gallery. Is this because I haven't unveiled (I assume). It is not an issue in legacy.
Next.....I am lost on how to change DEFAULT Gallery settings (I know how to do it one gallery at a time)....how can I change something like "show filenames" on ALL existing galleries?
Is there a way that a new gallery can automatically be included into Packages? I shoot a couple racetracks weekly....would love for my uploads into specific "categories" to be added to those included in a package.
I will stop there....hopefully folks don't mind me asking here. Thank you in advance...and I LOVE looking at the new sites that folks are creating....really inspiring to me!
-Buzz

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2013
    BuzzFisher wrote: »
    First, the 'Share' button is not present to allow me to share a gallery. Is this because I haven't unveiled (I assume). It is not an issue in legacy.

I think this is one of the features that didn't make it into the new interface. You can click the share button on an individual photo, click Get a Link, and from there get links for your gallery (it's just the same as the URL in your browser's address bar, so it's not all that useful).
    Next.....I am lost on how to change DEFAULT Gallery settings (I know how to do it one gallery at a time)....how can I change something like "show filenames" on ALL existing galleries?

At the moment, you can't. The closest you can do is apply settings to an entire folder of galleries at the same time. Go into "organise -> organise site", enter the folder, select the galleries on the right hand side, and click the settings button to apply settings to all those galleries.
  • Options
    BuzzFisherBuzzFisher Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2013
    Thank you for your reply! From everything I was reading, I thought that there was a "swooping arrow" to represent "Share" when it came to galleries. Your suggestion concerning changing settings to folders full of galleries was great! Will save me hours of work!
  • Options
    Stormy484Stormy484 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2013
    Package Assignment During Gallery Creation
    BuzzFisher wrote: »
    Is there a way that a new gallery can automatically be included into Packages? I shoot a couple racetracks weekly....would love for my uploads into specific "categories" to be added to those included in a package.

Did you ever get an answer to this portion of your post...I would also like to see this feature / function.

~ Stormy ~