Options

I had to go outside.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited October 3, 2013 in People
I really hate the Eastern Shore with its humidity and heat but this gal made it worthwhile. Hopefully I broke out of my "Classical Style" a bit.

1. i-9kLMZXJ-XL.jpg

2. i-Tfm3wrg-XL.jpg

3. i-8ZCVbKM-XL.jpg

4. i-XfJRSNt-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2013
    #2! #2! #2!

The only one that doesn't work for me is the last one - I get what you were going for, but there's just too many lines competing for my attention (plus some deritus on the ground in front of her). ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    A few more of Shania....she is only a sophmore. On the brick pillars I really did want them slanted alot.

5. i-6BNbGVN-XL.jpg

6. i-VjTnst7-XL.jpg

7. i-Zz6V3S3-XL.jpg

8. i-jg3zDnc-XL.jpg

9. i-KzdkLzW-X2.jpg
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2013
    Many of the shots in the second set look either over saturated or with a black point that is too high for me.

Could be a personal taste thing though.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    Oh, and by the way...

With the title to your thread, I thought for a moment that because of what you ate, the wife made you use the outdoor facilities! :Drolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    this is one tough forum.

The black point or sat is a personal taste. I'm amazed at how different the folks here look at photography as opposed to the gang I hang out with. Total opposites ends of the spectrum. But variety does make the world go around.

Would you be interested in going to NY. I'm trying to get John to host something.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    this is one tough forum.

The black point or sat is a personal taste. I'm amazed at how different the folks here look at photography as opposed to the gang I hang out with. Total opposites ends of the spectrum. But variety does make the world go around.

Would you be interested in going to NY. I'm trying to get John to host something.

I certainly would. Just need to find a window that I can get away for a few days. The "big account" has turned into a monster that seems to need to be fed daily. Can't complain with the cha ching though. But it would be nice to get a life back.

Let me know some dates.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    A lot of these look too dark on my monitor. I love #2!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    Let me know some dates.

Ditto - no idea if I'll be free, but would love to know if you decide to meet up! thumb.gif
  • Options
    rexbobcatrexbobcat Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    I would clone out the pole sticking out of her head in #1, but other than that they look pretty good for working in a different style of shooting.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    Flash set too high...need a better mix with ambient for outside..soften them up.
    The first set the tilts are to much.
    Outside is a very different animal....shooting in shade with a bright background makes things harder for you...unless you really crank up the overall brightness to even things out.
    Take a little more time picking out settings without so many distractions.
    She is very cute.
  • Options
    kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    like the 2nd one - pretty model