Options

My website name is showing on your website?

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited October 1, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
dgc4rter wrote: »
Although it's more of a personal site for viewing by family and friends, here's my attempt. http://davecarter.smugmug.com

Wandering through people's pages, admiring their new formats and tweaking, and on this site, I see my site's name in the upper right.
(Put some pink on it to highlight it.) Is this right?
Yes, I am logged into my site in another tab on this FF 23.0.1 but it still doesn't make sense to me to see what I see on davecarter.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,253 moderator
    edited October 1, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Wandering through people's pages, admiring their new formats and tweaking, and on this site, I see my site's name in the upper right.
    (Put some pink on it to highlight it.) Is this right?
    Yes, I am logged into my site in another tab on this FF 23.0.1 but it still doesn't make sense to me to see what I see on davecarter.smugmug.com
    I believe that bar shows the current user who is logged in to smug. It can also be used to log in if you are not already logged in. If you are logged in on Firefox on a different tab you are logged in on all tabs.

It's easy to remove (on the site settings), and I'd recommend that the smug header and footer be removed for a more professional look.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2013
    I believe that bar shows the current user who is logged in to smug. It can also be used to log in if you are not already logged in. If you are logged in on Firefox on a different tab you are logged in on all tabs.

It's easy to remove (on the site settings), and I'd recommend that the smug header and footer be removed for a more professional look.

--- Denise

Denise, I found several sites that show my site, but then many many sites that don't have it at all.
    Are you saying that those sites that do show it, can edit their site to make sure it never shows?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,253 moderator
    edited October 1, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Denise, I found several sites that show my site, but then many many sites that don't have it at all.
    Are you saying that those sites that do show it, can edit their site to make sure it never shows?
    Yes.

Go to settings for your site and turn the smug header and footer off.

--- Denise