Options

Issue with Gallery & Folder Title blocks

TammyGPhotoTammyGPhoto Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited October 5, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I just realized the other day that i had this issue.
i have titles on all my folders and galleries. i initially added them at left align but at some point decided to move them all to Center align. I opened one gallery and clicked on the title (on all galleries) and proceeded to move it to Center align. saved it and published..all seemed ok..until i opened a different gallery and lo and behold the title was centered but had the title of the page i used to do the change on.
example - i was in Classic Cars and made the change to All galleries.
I opened the Cityscapes gallery and it said Classic Cars at the top!!
I decided to check my folders as well and sure enough the same problem was there as well!!! the only work around i found was to make all the galleries customized to center the titles and keep the correct names...this was not a good option as now if i make a change to all galleries they are all disconnected!! not sure i can switch things back if this gets fixed but i thought i would mention this.
anyone else having this issue? i couldn't find anything in the threads but there are so many and i had no clue what to search on...:scratch

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    The issue is that when you drop a Title block onto the page and publish that, it has no configuration attached to it. That causes it to automatically show the title of the page that you are viewing it on, so it will show the correct title in all galleries.

If you then edit the settings for the Title content block in order to change it to Centered:

3WUm0aIm.png

When you save the settings, it'll use the contents of the "text" field as the title for that block, no matter where the block appears (so every gallery will show "test gallery" in this title block). It doesn't have a checkbox available that you could tick to cause it to show the title of the current page, it always shows precisely the text entered into the "text" field.

You might want to submit this (yes/no setting to have the title of a Title block be the same as the page it is displayed on) as a feature request.
  • Options
    TammyGPhotoTammyGPhoto Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    The issue is that when you drop a Title block onto the page and publish that, it has no configuration attached to it. That causes it to automatically show the title of the page that you are viewing it on, so it will show the correct title in all galleries.

If you then edit the settings for the Title content block in order to change it to Centered:

3WUm0aIm.png

When you save the settings, it'll use the contents of the "text" field as the title for that block, no matter where the block appears (so every gallery will show "test gallery" in this title block). It doesn't have a checkbox available that you could tick to cause it to show the title of the current page, it always shows precisely the text entered into the "text" field.

You might want to submit this (yes/no setting to have the title of a Title block be the same as the page it is displayed on) as a feature request.

thx lamah..this is right on the nose...i will suggest this feature ASAP!! thx!!