Options

What about features like this?

caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited December 16, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I was browsing around and came upon this site with examples of what Express Digital is doing for professionals.

Basically you setup a store front similiar to smugmug, but you have more options about what packages you sell and what not. I would love to see smugmug do something like this. Is it possible?

Thanks

Sample sites are here http://www.expressdigital.com/products/prcobrands.shtm

Express digitals site is here http://www.expressdigital.com/products/prstorefronts.shtm

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    caseserve wrote:
    I was browsing around and came upon this site with examples of what Express Digital is doing for professionals.

Basically you setup a store front similiar to smugmug, but you have more options about what packages you sell and what not. I would love to see smugmug do something like this. Is it possible?

Thanks

Sample sites are here http://www.expressdigital.com/products/prcobrands.shtm

Express digitals site is here http://www.expressdigital.com/products/prstorefronts.shtm

Hi case,

Thanks for posting. Can you be more specific about what packages, etc?
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hi case,

Thanks for posting. Can you be more specific about what packages, etc?
    If you click on one of the sample sites you have the ability to look up events by date. Also when you go to purchase prints, you can specify packages like (1)8x10 & (2)5x7's

John
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2005
    caseserve wrote:
    If you click on one of the sample sites you have the ability to look up events by date. Also when you go to purchase prints, you can specify packages like (1)8x10 & (2)5x7's

John

Hi John - thanks for clarifying. We've been asked for packages and it's under consideration. No promises on if/when but we really appreciate how important this is to you and others.
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hi John - thanks for clarifying. We've been asked for packages and it's under consideration. No promises on if/when but we really appreciate how important this is to you and others.
    Andy,
    Thanks for the quick response. It would also be nice to be able to setup a gallery for events and have it searchable by date etc. Like the examples that I provided.

I don't think the whole site should be revamped, but maybe just an option for a gallery type "Events" once you enter the gallery have subgalleries under events. But when you enter the Events gallery you have a screen similiar to the examples provided that would allow you to search for your event by name or date, again like the examples provided.

PS I like the way your site is setup as well as the quality of your photography.

Thanks,

John
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2005
    caseserve wrote:
    Andy,
    Thanks for the quick response. It would also be nice to be able to setup a gallery for events and have it searchable by date etc. Like the examples that I provided.

I don't think the whole site should be revamped, but maybe just an option for a gallery type "Events" once you enter the gallery have subgalleries under events. But when you enter the Events gallery you have a screen similiar to the examples provided that would allow you to search for your event by name or date, again like the examples provided.

PS I like the way your site is setup as well as the quality of your photography.

Thanks,

John

Hmm - I have seen some galleries that approach this - I'll have to dig - wonder about timeline, too - I need to play around with that some more.

Thanks for the compliment!