Options

Transparent navbar

tobemetobeme Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited October 5, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm using the horizontal content block to build a navbar. Appreciate should someone let me know how to make the bar transparent.

Thanks

EDIT:

I read another thread, which is http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=241498 , but it doesn't work on my site.

I want to make that white bar transparent for my full screen slideshow page.

a4021c50gw1e9asakbwwyj20ob07i0u7.jpg

www.wallacehuo.info

Comments

• Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2013
    tobeme wrote: »
    I'm using the horizontal content block to build a navbar. Appreciate should someone let me know how to make the bar transparent.

Thanks

EDIT:

I read another thread, which is http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=241498 , but it doesn't work on my site.

I want to make that white bar transparent for my full screen slideshow page.

a4021c50gw1e9asakbwwyj20ob07i0u7.jpg

www.wallacehuo.info

Hi,

I'm not sure which theme you used, but this is what I was shown to work with my own header which was Black (Moss theme):
    Customize > "Theme" tab (click on wrench icon) > "Background" tab > "Header Alpha" slider
    You can slide that Header Alpha slider according to the level of transparency you want.

Hopefully that works for you. I'm using it myself, as someone else had pointed it out to me a while back. If this is not what you meant, I'm not sure how else to make the adjustment for your design unless a CSS expert can tweak what you had in the other thread.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    tobemetobeme Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2013
    I am not using the Moss theme but it works! Thanks for the tip pmbpro. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2013
    tobeme wrote: »
    I am not using the Moss theme but it works! Thanks for the tip pmbpro. Much appreciated!

Hey, that's great that it worked for you! Glad to hear. thumb.gif
    You're very welcome.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser