Options

Text Box not working properly

hojphotographyhojphotography Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited October 19, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Unable to type all the time in the text box. It works some of the time but then sometimes doesnt.ie I could be typing a few lines then if i hit the space bar it would stop working, also if i copied and pasted text i cant edit it again. Please sort it out. I dont think it has anything to do with what browser im using but just for the record its Firefox.. This is the last bit ive to do on the new site so i what to get this sorted!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 6, 2013
    I've had many instances in the new smug where I couldn't do something in one browser but it worked perfectly in another. It might be worth trying a different browser (although I would agree with you that this behavior feels like a bug).

--- Denise
  • Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2013
    We are working on several fixes and improvements to the text box content block. When those are completed and live, we will let you know and then you can check the functionality again.

Also, as Denise mentioned, it's common that a certain behavior is limited to a specific browser (Safari and IE are notorious for this) so it's a good idea to have multiple browsers installed. This isn't unique to SmugMug, there are many sites out there that behave differently depending on the browser you're using, so it's just good practice in general.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    ReturningHomeReturningHome Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2013
    I'm having this same issue and I use Chrome. It's driving me crazy. I have a number of text only pages, and trying to make changes to them takes hours because of this problem.
    We are working on several fixes and improvements to the text box content block. When those are completed and live, we will let you know and then you can check the functionality again.

Also, as Denise mentioned, it's common that a certain behavior is limited to a specific browser (Safari and IE are notorious for this) so it's a good idea to have multiple browsers installed. This isn't unique to SmugMug, there are many sites out there that behave differently depending on the browser you're using, so it's just good practice in general.