Options

Wacom Intous4 Mouse, Right button failure?

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited October 6, 2013 in Accessories
I'm no stranger to the pens giving out on my Intous 4. I had 2 replaced under warranty and come to think of it a mouse was replaced as well. But now, since my 2 year warranty expired this June.. This morning I wake up to find that my right click no longer work.

I've switched the right click to the scroll button, but it seems insane that in 2 years I've had 2 pen failures (guess the springs inside get worn on the tip) and 2 mouse failures and a new mouse is $60. Anyone know of anything I can try before buying something I really don't have in my budget at this time? I know it's only $60, but I'm keeping myself on a tight leash lately.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,795 moderator
    edited October 6, 2013
    From the reviews at: http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-KC100-INTUOS4-Button-Mouse/product-reviews/B002BH4Q5K/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_pop_hist_2?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addTwoStar&showViewpoints=0

By Tsalaginyner:

"... The mouse has a (quite faulty) design that makes it susceptible to getting dirty on the inside of the mouse. the dirt contacts with the motherboard inside, causing double and triple clicking, and sometimes even no clicking. you have to sacrifice the felt pad at the bottom by ripping it off and unscrewing the mouse to clean it. That wouldn't be much of a problem, until you do this to find that the SMALLEST dust speck possible can cause this malfunction and therefore the inside would be, for the most part, clean. Because of this, expect to unscrew this thing every few days because of some new almost microscopic particle interfering with the usability. ..."

If you proceed with dismantling your mouse, you do so at your own risk.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2013
    Haha, so in anger I just started clicking it REALLY hard.. reminds me of that guy with the bell in Breaking Bad.. and it randomly works now.

Thanks!

Maybe a little more mouse abuse and it will start working. It's just funny that I go to bed with it working to wake up with it not working.