Options

More options for Background Photo settings, please.

beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited October 8, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Currently the only standard options for where a background photo can be applied are "Entire Site" or Homepage Only". I'm finding that a tad restrictive and I could use another option - "Homepage and Folders". Maybe there are other folk out there who would appreciate other similar permutations?

I know that I can get jiggy with CSS to achieve this, either by selecting "Homepage Only" and then adding the background photo to Folders, or by selecting "Entire Site" and then suppressing the background photo in Galleries and Pages, but a proper built-in option would be preferred, especially for those not confident with coding.

What do you reckon?
Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2013
    You can do some of this by using more than one theme, each with a different background. There is no reason, for example, that the theme for All Folders has to be the same theme as that for the Entire Site. I'm down to two, but at one time I had three themes active in different parts of my site.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    Jtring wrote: »
    You can do some of this by using more than one theme, each with a different background.
    Indeed I can, but I like to keep things simple.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!