The Mark2 Brothers

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited December 14, 2005 in Cameras
Well, BHPhoto is showing the 1DMark2 N at $3999 and the 1DMark2 for $3499.....is it worth the $500?

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Well, BHPhoto is showing the 1DMark2 N at $3999 and the 1DMark2 for $3499.....is it worth the $500?
    depends what you're shooting.headscratch.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Motorcycle racing. See my site and you'll figure it out :)
  • JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    According to DPReview:

The primary changes are a new 2.5" wide viewing angle LCD monitor, improved buffering characteristics, new 'Picture Style' image parameters and the ability to write different formats simultaneously to SD and CF cards.
  • BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    new 2.5" wide viewing angle LCD monitor
    Nice, but not needed, I dump to my P-2000. No way I can chimp that much while races are on.
    improved buffering characteristics
    Hmmm....that may be helpful, though I rarely hit the buffer on my 20D
    new 'Picture Style' image parameters
    Sorry, no need for this, almost scary really letting the camera take over my details. I prefer to do it in Photoshop instead of accidently over sharpening or something in camera
    ability to write different formats simultaneously to SD and CF cards
    No need, I have 3 2GB CF cards and the P-2000 on me with a laptop in the trunk of my car or in the hotel room. I have plenty of available space to shoot with and no SD cards existing presently.

ANy other reasons? Perhaps from those of you that have upgraded? I am about to squeeze the trigger here but I really don't want to regret it once the race season starts in March.