Options

LR 4.4 Failed to create an album on SmugMug

PanManPanMan Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Just joined SmugMug earlier this week and started uploading from LR 4.4 (stuck at that version due to OS limitations for the moment). Have successfully published content to SmugMug via plugin and very nice when it works. When it doesn't (more often than not) I keep getting stuck with "Failed to create an album on SmugMug Please try again or contact support." Have tried numerous times, disabled/re-enabled, removed/added plugin to no avail. Sometimes it works, most of the time it fails. Done some surfing to no avail. As some forum posts suggest providing debug output, I've included that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    Please try the following.

•Back up your catalog for safety.

•Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin. 2.0.4.0
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321

•Sync your hierarchy. http://smu.gs/15PoX7I

•Create a new gallery and make sure it begins with a capital letter.

If that doesn't help, please email the helpdesk using the email address we have on file for your SmugMug account.
    help@smugmug.com
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    I tried as suggested with 2.0.4.0 and hierarchy sync. Although this did not totally solve the issue, I believe it has allowed me to home in on a contributing factor. The new gallery I created per the instructions was "Test". That published fine. My other galleries still failed to publish with the same error. After trying a few different things, I have concluded galleries created in the last few days fail to publish with the same error. New galleries, created after the test, publish without issue. Renaming the "bad" galleries and recreating new replacement galleries seems to be a viable workaround to the issue. Of concern is what caused the recently created yet unpublished galleries to fail to publish. BTW, I also continue to get the yellow bullet in the Lightroom Plug-in Manager with the "Installed: may not work" note.

Ron
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    I asked our Lightroom dev to chime in. He will be around shortly!
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 8, 2013
    Hey Panman,

I believe the issue is that it's trying to create a gallery with the LargestSize set to "Medium" which I don't think is available at your current account level. Are you using a quick setting to apply these settings ?

If so, try manually selecting the LargestSize for the moment. I'll add some code to fix this issue hopefully with the next release.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2013
    PanMan,

This version should resolve that problem.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2013
    David,

Thanks! New plugin loaded. Unfortunately I have since deleted the bad folders so can't really test on the failed use case. When I interviewed many many years ago for an engineering/software development position, one of the conversations was about unexpected user input (input that did not conform to the expected inputs). Given I'm new to SmugMug (about a week at this time) and the great flexibility it provides, dumb user (aka unexpected user input) is likely. I also wonder if the issue could have been a result of the transition from the trial configuration to the paid configuration. Anyway, I'll run the new code through some more new user testing and post any anomalies.

Thanks again!
    Ron
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2013
    Hey Ron,

I don't believe it's a dumb user situation, but it is related to trial to paid in the sense that I believe you trialled on a business account and signed up on a Basic or Power account. It's something that we should handle more gracefully.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos