Options

"Wrong permissions"!?

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited October 9, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Help! Can't Sell! Can't Sell! :)

OK, got that out of my system.

I unveiled yesterday.

A customer contacted me and said they were seeing "WRONG PERMISSIONS" in the dialog after clicking Add To Cart. Same thing happens to me, using another browser where I'm not logged in.

I'm emailing a SmugMug hero now, but I like having the thread here since I imagine others might run into this! Will update as I have more info - or if anyone here knows what to do, please let me know.

EDIT: "Wrong Permissions" is an oddly non-Smuggy phrase. I'd have expected something more colloquial to go along with the rest of the SmugMug style! :)

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    Usually that's due to selling from a collected gallery and the original photos are in a password protected gallery.
    Check that and if it's not the case email the help desk, help@smugmug.com and include links to the gallery.

Thanks,
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    Yup! That was it.

I stuck a notice text area on the top of my site to let my customers know "I'm working on it". :)
    Of course, it's actually you guys working on it! I don't envy you~ best of luck, SmugMug engineers!

If it's not solved in the next day or so, I'll un-password my galleries for now.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2013
    There should be a "Shopping Cart" or "Commerce" status line-item here:

http://status.smugmug.com/

I'd definitely subscribe to that status so I could know when sales of password protected collected galleries is back up.