Options

Can I assign pricing when building a gallery?

NorthernBuckNorthernBuck Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited August 27, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When I set up the gallery I see there is a place to set the custom gallery style but I don't see anywhere that allows you to assign pricing to that gallery as it's being created. It seems the only way to assign pricing to a gallery is to go into the Account Settings area under Business and then Making Money and then to edit price list at which point I assign galleries to that price list.

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 9, 2013
    When you first create a gallery, there is no option to set the pricelist, correct. If you have a Business account, you can do that in the gallery via customize > set prices.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    botpixbotpix Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2013
    Is the Customize menu the only place to get to this? Is there a place in the organizer that I can't find? In gallery settings perhaps?
    Drew Lockwood
    ---
    www.mybotpix.com (smugmug)
    www.botpix.com (wordpress)
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2013
    botpix wrote: »
    Is the Customize menu the only place to get to this? Is there a place in the organizer that I can't find? In gallery settings perhaps?
    Account Settings > business tab > Making Money > Pricelists > manage. That is the place to manage all pricelists. You can go into a pricelist there and choose which galleries it is applied to.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    ajavaajava Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2014
    Exactly how do you assign a pricelist to a gallery? Why is this so hard to find? I'm in Manage Pricelists but I don't see where you can choose which galleries to assign them to.
  • Options
    ajavaajava Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2014
    Never mind...
    ajava wrote: »
    Exactly how do you assign a pricelist to a gallery? Why is this so hard to find? I'm in Manage Pricelists but I don't see where you can choose which galleries to assign them to.

I found it, but boy oh boy - that did NOT get easier with the new SM.
  • Options
    jachangjachang Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    Where did you find how to price galleries?
    ajava wrote: »
    I found it, but boy oh boy - that did NOT get easier with the new SM.
    Where did you find it? I've been searching for the past half hour, and I don't see anywhere to choose which galleries I want in my pricelist.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    I found it in a gallery.
    In each gallery next to CUSTOMIZE at the top I see a new item, "SELL".

SELL > Gallery Pricing
    Then click current and select in the drop to change or select one I guess
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    jachangjachang Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    Default price list missing buttons?
    Allen wrote: »
    I found it in a gallery.
    In each gallery next to CUSTOMIZE at the top I see a new item, "SELL".

SELL > Gallery Pricing
    Then click current and select in the drop to change or select one I guess
    Allen, yes, I found that. Thanks. However, when I go to "Manage Pricelists," if I choose the default price list, then click "Edit", it does not show how many galleries and photos use that price list. But if I choose one of the other two price lists, when I click edit, they DO show how many galleries and photos are assigned to it. Why don't I get those two buttons in the default price list? It would make it easier to make changes to a single gallery or a single photo. Also, I'm not even sure which galleries are getting those prices unless I go to every single gallery and check. Is this because it is the default list? In other words, do I assume that anything that is not assigned to one of the other price lists gets default pricing? Thanks.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    Business tab > Pricelists > MANAGE button
    Pricelists showing click on number or dash to right
    Then in drop click Edit List button

Upper right click Galleries or Photos
    under "This Pricelist Is Applied to"
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    herojosieherojosie Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    Hi Jean,

Yes, you are correct. The one pricelist that won't show that same galleries/images box that the pricelist is applied to is the default pricelist. Any galleries that are not assigned to one of your other pricelists will all default to that default pricelist.

If you have more questions about that though, just let us know.
    Thanks,
    Josie
    SmugMug Support Hero