Napp

FourEyes45FourEyes45 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited December 28, 2005 in Finishing School
Hello Gang,
Im a newbe, want a be, Been thinking about joining NAPP, theres so much to learn. ANY Hints? Help.:scratch
Thanks
Walter
Canon EOS 20 D
EF24-70mm1:2.8 L
EF70-200mm1:2.8L
580 Speedlite
canon 1.4 extender

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Walter,
    FourEyes45 wrote:
    Hello Gang,
    Im a newbe, want a be, Been thinking about joining NAPP, theres so much to learn. ANY Hints? Help.headscratch.gif
    Thanks
    Walter
    I would say it depends on you. If you can justify spending $100 annually for yourself - go for it.
    I did not until the last year. Last year, when CS2 was bound to come out, I decided to jump on it. I don't regret I did. Apart from having Photoshop user magazine delivered (you can also buy it in bookstores, though) it comes with a free help desk (whcih I already used several times), free nice PS tutorials and a nice looking membership card, which gives you some bragging rights and also can save your a$$ in some security-involved situations:-)
    Just my 0.0000002 of the f/stop!
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    ... and a nice looking membership card, which gives you some gragging rights and also can save your a$$ in some security-involved situations:-)
    Just my 0.0000002 of the f/stop!
    HTH
    I want to hear about some of these "security-involved situations."

[:): added since it probably wasn't obvious.]
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    I could tell ya...
    mwgrice wrote:
    I want to hear about some of these "security-involved situations."

[:): added since it probably wasn't obvious.]
    .. but then I'd have to shoot ya:-)
    Peace!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    .. but then I'd have to shoot ya:-)
    Peace!1drink.gif
    Yeah, I'm not in the mood for that. Maybe next week!xzicon_smile_cool.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    I think a lot of us are wanting to know about the security issues also. headscratch.gif
    An I dion't think my uncle would like it if ya tried to kill me....oh yeah his name is SAM...... as in UNCLE SAM...other than that no one else would care...rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    FourEyes45 wrote:
    Hello Gang,
    Im a newbe, want a be, Been thinking about joining NAPP, theres so much to learn. ANY Hints? Help.headscratch.gif
    Thanks
    Walter
    I joined NAPP last year and was disappointed in my membership. There was some nice tutorials and a couple useful articles in the magazine, but I didn't feel it was worth the $99. I have gotten much more from the books I've read.

I know that there are a number of Dgrinner's that are happy with their membership, just didn't work for me.
  • FourEyes45FourEyes45 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Napp
    Thanks all for the replys. We wish all a Merry CHRISTMAS.
    Canon EOS 20 D
    EF24-70mm1:2.8 L
    EF70-200mm1:2.8L
    580 Speedlite
    canon 1.4 extender
  • macaddictmacaddict Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    I've been an avid NAPP member for three years. I think it is worth what you pay. I stop by the site daily, view each new tutorial, devour Photoshop User, watch the free "Best of Photoshop User" DVDs... what can I say? I can't get enough NAPP. For the price of a movie ticket each month, I can say honestly, I get my money's worth!thumb.gif