Options

Eliminating Fade On Hover on Home Page With Dash Theme

mayo_win_teimayo_win_tei Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Using my current Dash Theme, the images on my Home Page automatically fade when the mouse passes over them. I would like to eliminate this and just have the images all stay intact and full as people scroll down the page.

I've seen numerous code for adding the Hover Fade function but none to remove it.

I would just like to remove this action on the Home Page and not anywhere else.

If anyone can supply this code I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks much for your help!

http://photoexperts-net.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    edited October 14, 2013
    Using my current Dash Theme, the images on my Home Page automatically fade when the mouse passes over them. I would like to eliminate this and just have the images all stay intact and full as people scroll down the page.

I've seen numerous code for adding the Hover Fade function but none to remove it.

(BUMP) - I could really use some help on this one.

Thanks!
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 14, 2013

You're going to have to stick with it. It doesn't appear that SmugMug is using CSS to do that code. I believe they may be using some JavaScript and I can't find any way to disable it. Perhaps Lamah can give you some fancy instructions but I didn't find any CSS code that could be overwritten to get rid of it. It basically loads a white image on top to create the effect. I tried disabling the spacer image but it doesn't have the desired effect. Sorry :(

Personally, I prefer to have the hover action on there. IT lets the user know which image they're on and gives feedback to the user to let them know it's clickable. Your first images aren't clickable and don't fade. So it's definitely handy that ....

erms, on second thought, your images aren't clickable :P Now I see why it's so annoying.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2013
    leftquark wrote: »
    You're going to have to stick with it. It doesn't appear that SmugMug is using CSS to do that code. I believe they may be using some JavaScript and I can't find any way to disable it. Perhaps Lamah can give you some fancy instructions but I didn't find any CSS code that could be overwritten to get rid of it. It basically loads a white image on top to create the effect. I tried disabling the spacer image but it doesn't have the desired effect. Sorry :(

Personally, I prefer to have the hover action on there. IT lets the user know which image they're on and gives feedback to the user to let them know it's clickable. Your first images aren't clickable and don't fade. So it's definitely handy that ....

erms, on second thought, your images aren't clickable :P Now I see why it's so annoying.

Thanks for trying to help. Yeah, I didn't want them clickable to link to a gallery or anywhere else. I just wanted to display some great images and have the viewer scroll through them. The fade function is really annoying because you want the image to stand out when the viewer gets to it, not fade. It's almost like making you not look directly at something in order to see it.

I imagine SmugMug could fix this if they wanted, and sure wish they would. I guess I'll try requesting that.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2013
    Add this to your CSS:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-tiles .sm-tile-content:hover {
      opacity:1;
    }

I believe the only differences between themes are CSS and the default settings/layout for Content Blocks, so every difference between themes should be tweakable with custom CSS.