Options

Stretchy but gallery description not stretching

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited October 17, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I resized this image for DG. The gallery description isn't stretching to the right side. The main gallery settings are set to stretchy and I don't have any this-gallery-only code. Body width is set to auto-px, no large right margin.

Not to zig-zag here but this content is in the blue restricted SM content section. Because I have to edit the content, where do I do that? Legacy?

When I have to modify HTML, which some of my pages have, do I have to drag in new blocks for html, and copy the text into them? Then what happens to the current blue-box restricted area?

I'm kind of jumbling these questions together in case it's the blue-box content that is the problem and the stretchy-to-the-right will reappear when I create new HTML blocks.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2013
    In a Smugmug style gallery there is reserved space on the right of the gallery description for the slideshow and buy buttons. They
    steal about 20% of the width. If you hide both buttons.
    Just this page CSS

.sm-gallery-description {
    width: 100%;
    }
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2013
    Thanks! Does this go in site-wide CSS, or in all galleries CSS? (if there is such a thing).
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2013
    Wait, I tried site-wide and it took.
    Thank you.
    Allan, how do I change the gallery style for all galleries? I have roamed all over and don't see that option.
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    You can do one of these things -
    1. Change the default style. This would affect any gallery that is set to the default style, but would not change the style if you set a specific one to a certain gallery, which overrides the deault style.

To do this: in customization mode, go to "Settings" at the top bar, and set the gallery style.

2. Change gallery styles to all galleries within a folder.
    That's the closest you can get to "all galleries".
    In organize mode, go to a folder, select all its galleries, click "settings" and set the style.
    Choose this method only if you have set a style other than "default" for you galleries.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    einat wrote: »
    You can do one of these things -
    1. Change the default style. This would affect any gallery that is set to the default style, but would not change the style if you set a specific one to a certain gallery, which overrides the deault style.

To do this: in customization mode, go to "Settings" at the top bar, and set the gallery style.

2. Change gallery styles to all galleries within a folder.
    That's the closest you can get to "all galleries".
    In organize mode, go to a folder, select all its galleries, click "settings" and set the style.
    Choose this method only if you have set a style other than "default" for you galleries.

Thank you, this is the piece I was missing. I saw that when viewing a gallery I could change the style, but was aware that this was not changing the style of other galleries. I suspect it's because I had set them separately in legacy. I might change them in legacy first, to stay consistent between sites.... Unless I choose one of the new styles.... Hmmm, will think about this...