Options

is it possible to keep the left nav open?

amf digital mediaamf digital media Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited October 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi there, this question is in regards to the Menu block - Specifically the Accordion option. I was curious as to whether or not anyone knows how keep the nav open when a user clicks through to secondary/subnav items?

You can see what I have set up here:
http://www.amfdigitalmedia.com/Services/Photography/Product

When sifting through the code I noticed the following class: sm-accordion-item-open, but couldn't figure out anything that accomplished what I'm looking to do.

Just to clarify, I'd like the nav to default to the following view should someone click on "Product":

i-LXFG6S8-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    I'm curious as to why you want that to happen.
    If I clicked on "Product" and it was linked to one page ... I would expect to go to that page
    If I clicked on "Product" and it had a number of sections ... I would expect to have a sub-menu so that I could select the one I was interested in --- and then be taken to that page.

I could very well be missing something here - just curious to learn what it is. Thanks
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    Ace I understand the intention and in fact have the same question. In "closed" default left nav layout, the viewer can't see what each category offers unless s/he clicks the plus sign. By making the accordion stay open, a full menu of choices is automatically visible. Depending on the site and contents, this might be very helpful or very overly busy. I do hope there is code to try.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2013
    Aaahh ... thankyou. Makes sense. I have only used horizontal menu bars.
    Appreciate you clearing that up for me.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com