Sarah (Dec 14th)

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited December 16, 2005 in People
Still playing with this studio equipment. Please give feedback as our work can only get better.

48351482-M.jpg
EXIF

48394471-M.jpg
EXIF

Hope to hear from many.

kc7dji

Comments

• NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    The first one doesn't really work for me. It is correct, but nothing more.
    I don't like the pose. I think she shouldn't look straight at the camera, and her expression is not really interesting.
    For example, make her look to the ground, and let her smile be more natural, like she remembers something or thinks about some wonderful moment in the past.
    I don't care for her hat in this picture, because it cast too much shadow on one of her eyes.

The second one is a lot better! I love that prop-thing-whatever it is, and the white works really well with the background. Exposure is good, the white is not blown out. Her expression is better this time, but I still think she should not look straight at you, and when, then with a stronger expression, like, surprise, or passion.
    The shadow from her nose is a little harsh, but I can not give you any tips on this since I never used studio lightning before.

Keep 'em coming! clap.gif

Regards,
    Andreas
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    I think the hat is going to surely complicate the lighting. I would try to get everything perfect first, then add items that complicate things.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos