Options

Flash gun fire times

MartynMartyn Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited October 18, 2013 in Accessories
Hi,

A while ago I remember seeing a list of flash guns with their fire times. This is the time it takes them to fire, not the flash duration. Does anybody have the link?

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited October 17, 2013
    If you mean the Pre-Flash delay and Eye-Blink issues, perhaps this discussion?:

[thread=49394]Eye Blink and Pre-Flash Timing[/thread]

Note that there has been considerable progress made since this thread and I don't see the problem discussed much anymore, meaning that many/most modern dSLRs may no longer have much delay between the pre-flash and main/taking flash.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2013
    Hi Ziggy,

no, I mean the time it takes a flash to fire in manual mode.

I know this is in the microseconds but I have a couple of different makes of flash that I am trying to use for some high speed shots and they are firing at different times.

A while ago I came across a website that discussed exactly this issue and I didn't book mark. Now that I need it I cannot find it.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited October 18, 2013
    Sorry, I can't locate that information. I suggest contacting TriggerTrap and PhotoTrigger to see if they have that information.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Sorry, I can't locate that information. I suggest contacting TriggerTrap and PhotoTrigger to see if they have that information.

No need to apologise. I am thankful for any help.