edited December 16, 2005 in People
Hello All,

A wonderful concert full of life, energy and enthusiasm:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/1040225/1

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    Why are the images such poor quality? Composition and subject wise it looked like fun, some of the synchronized dancing shots are pretty cool, however the noise is killing the details. Did you do anything harsh in PP?
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    I agree. Whats with all the noise? I seem to have the same problem. Is it because I am just not using the correct settings or does the camera not know how to eliminate noise?
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    (removed)
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    Nick has posted pictures in a shots forum ne_nau.gif
    Please don't let this degenerate into a which camera is best squabble
  • nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    S9000 Concert
    Hello All,

These images were captured with my S9000, almost all shot at ISO 800.
    With today's available technology for small sensors, Fuji has enabled me to capture these moments with no flash ( except for a few shots ) with a +- $500 prosumer camera. If I had my monopod with me, much of the focus on some images would have been improved. With this type of shoot IS would not have helped and would have slowed down the shutter.

These images are sized for 5.3x4" ( matching the 4/3 aspect ratio by my online lab). When viewed actulal size in PS Elements, they are very presentable to the parents and performers, who won't give a thought about the noise. Most will say " Hey, that's me, when did you take all these pictures? I didn't see you walking around taking pictures.'

I was also sitting behind three video cameras in the center aisle and did not interfere with their shooting by getting in their view.

The silence of my S9000's operation fitted the situation very well.

Next time I will offer to take portraits of each performer, usng my S9000 and my own flash, etc., and shoot at ISO 80, and have beautiful pics ( hopefully ) using my S9000.

Hope you enjoyed the action of the performers. They were fantastic.

Regards, Nicholas