Options

Canon 6D body $1575 at Amazon

AdamNPAdamNP Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited October 29, 2013 in Cameras
Not sure why this is happening, but it's making me seriously consider jumping the Sony ship, lol. If the kit with the 24-105 had been reduced the same amount, I'd get it for sure. I need a lens though. $1574.98 is a pretty incredible price for a brand new US version 6D.

Canon 6D Body Only at Amazon

[edit] I just bought it, hehe. I'll worry about the lens part later. Doubt the 6D is going to be any cheaper than this anytime soon.

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited October 17, 2013
    That's a low price for sure. I remember my 20D costing about that when new. I think Canon is in a world of hurt right now after the kicking they got from Nikon last year. And now Sony is holding a fine hand of cards.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    The price is gone now, I hope anyone that wanted one got in on this. I know I did :)

Sony may look good with their new E-mount cameras, but people like me, who have been using their A mount for many years, are not happy about it. They appear to be leaving us out in the cold. They did announce one new A-mount lens... the 70-200 F2.8 II... for $3,000. That's not even remotely competitive, especially considering A-mount lenses don't have IS/VR in them. Also, as much as I did have fun with the EVF, I'm really looking forward to peering through a full-frame optical viewfinder :)
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    AdamNP wrote: »
    Not sure why this is happening, but it's making me seriously consider jumping the Sony ship, lol. If the kit with the 24-105 had been reduced the same amount, I'd get it for sure. I need a lens though. $1574.98 is a pretty incredible price for a brand new US version 6D.

Canon 6D Body Only at Amazon

[edit] I just bought it, hehe. I'll worry about the lens part later. Doubt the 6D is going to be any cheaper than this anytime soon.

that's a good price but it will probably be even cheaper at year end with the rebates
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2013
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    that's a good price but it will probably be even cheaper at year end with the rebates

Well, things will always be cheaper at some point. The funny thing is, I nearly bought it a few days earlier at $1895, so my resistance was already weak :)
  • Options
    CameraHeroCameraHero Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2013
    Thats a totally awesome buy.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2013
    Well? Did you get it yet? ne_nau.gif
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    I did, but I have no lens :) I've been using Zeiss and G lenses with my Sony for years, so I'm going to have to wait until I can purchase a comparable Canon L to really try it out.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    Oh, yes. Lenses help with usability. :D
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,851 moderator
    edited October 24, 2013
    AdamNP wrote: »
    I did, but I have no lens :) I've been using Zeiss and G lenses with my Sony for years, so I'm going to have to wait until I can purchase a comparable Canon L to really try it out.

Start with the "nifty fifty", aka the Canon EF 50mm, f1.8. Use manual focus with focus confirmation, because the AF generally doesn't work properly with this lens, but otherwise this is an excellent value lens (i.e. image quality/cost).
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    supermarvin76supermarvin76 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Start with the "nifty fifty", aka the Canon EF 50mm, f1.8. Use manual focus with focus confirmation, because the AF generally doesn't work properly with this lens, but otherwise this is an excellent value lens (i.e. image quality/cost).
    Indeed, get the 50mm for about $100. That will at least get you up and going with your great new camera.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" -Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    While browsing slickdeals.net I saw a thread about Canon having a 20% off refurbished items code. This code doesn't apply to every item, but it did apply to the 6D! So I just bought it at it cost me $1215.36. It is refurbished of course, but I've never had anything other than great luck with refurbished items of any sort. This was my jump into Full frame and previously I was shooting Nikon aps-c, so I'll have to do a whole new lens and flash line up as well. I'm still pretty excited to have a full frame sensor now!
  • Options
    LoganHLoganH Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    ZBlack, that is AWESOME! My current T3i was also refurbished from Canon and it was literally perfect condition. Did not have the gold refurbished sticker on it, so I am thinking it was brand new when I got it. That's how awesome it looked. Will definitely keep an eye out for that coupon and pull the trigger on a refurb 6d when I have the funds. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »

Laughing.gif! the AF works just fine on the 50mm 1.8
    not as quick as "USM" but serviceable, I even know people that use the nifty fifty for basketball games!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    I love nifty fifty on my 5dmk2... now i only take it along with 17-40..... 70-200 remains at home most of the times.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery