Options

Somebody kick me.

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited August 24, 2004 in Cameras
So I went to a demo of Phase One's P25 back for 645 and I am actually considering leasing one of these babies. I used to love 6x6 and the quality of the 22mp images are just outstanding!!!! First step to consider is to rent one for my trip to NY/Bahamas for my son's wedding.
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    Wow. I'm really impressed by how it handles the range of light in this shot. Still, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages for someone like me. Cost (of course!), file size, merely OK noise levels, cumbersome, and a resolution I just wouldn't take advantage of. And boy, am i glad to be able to say that! I'd hate to have your envy of a $17,000 camera, Charles!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow. I'm really impressed by how it handles the range of light in this shot. Still, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages for someone like me. Cost (of course!), file size, merely OK noise levels, cumbersome, and a resolution I just wouldn't take advantage of. And boy, am i glad to be able to say that! I'd hate to have your envy of a $17,000 camera, Charles!
    Last night at the demo I took a handful of shots and ran them trough C1 and PS. I was amazed to see that the areas I thought were blown were not actually maxed out. The specs claim 12 f-stops of dynamic range and I think I buy into that. The AD stage is 16bits vs the 12bit of the pro dslrs.

And I wish it was the $17k model that I was lusting after :cry
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    Uh-oh. You're in trouble. naughty.gif. By the way, thanks for posting this thread. I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to this equipment, if you hadn't. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au