Options

SB-28 recycle time?

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited October 21, 2013 in Accessories
Anyone have a SB-28 they can test something for me??

I have some OLD, OLD OLD Canon 540EZ flashes, and if you set them on manual to 1/8 they will dump 1/8 power and then wait for a full 1/1 recycle.

I want to know, if you set an SB-28 to 1/8 power, will it do the same or will it give you 8 shots before recycling like most current flashes? (well, as far as Canon goes, I'm not a Nikon shooter but the used Nikons are MUCH cheaper than the SB-28's)

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    I don't know for certain, but I have used the SB28 and SB24 and SB80DX quite a lot, and the SB28 seems to recycle nice and fast at lower powers, while taking longer to recycle at 1/1 power. I can't say for sure that you're getting exact recycle time advantages for ever stop less light you use, but it is definitely there.

Good luck! If you're in the market for used wireless flashes, I recommend the SB80DX more than the SB28. The SB80's metal foot is awesome, and the overall interface is a breeze. So much better power control too...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    Thing is, SB80DX's are ~$150, where as SB-28's are ~75. So I can get 2, 28's for the price of 1 SB80DX and I still have $800 to spend on the power packs yet..