Options

URL of pages

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited October 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have not unveiled yet so I'm wondering what the URL will be for pages that are created. How much of the organizer path will show in the URL. For instance, I have a page called Your Session that is in a folder called Senior Pages.

What I see for the URL is "www.mikejulianaphotography.com/Web-Site-Pages/Your-Session"
Questions:
Will the folder name appear in the URL?
The original folder was Web Site Pages but I renamed it at some point. Why does the original name show up still?
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    I believe that the URL is of the format sitename/Folder/Folder/Folder/Gallery

When you look in a Folder or Gallery Settings, at the bottom there is a field called "Custom URL". This is the name that appears in the URL.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    If these are stand alone info type pages I found it works best to put then at the top level. This is the
    only way I've found to not show the path in the url.

If you want a page that will show a collection of these info pages you can add a "folders, galleries, pages" box
    to a top level page and select the pages to show. Not a folder, just page with that box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    Thanks guys. That's what I thought even though in many of the SM tutorials, they have you put the pages in a folder. I will move these to the top-level to get rid of the folder name in the path.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook