Options

Celebrate with me! My new studio!

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited November 6, 2013 in Weddings
Sharing this in the wedding forum since this is where I haunt Digital Grin...

Ok, so yes, I live in Alaska. I am fully aware of the bonuses I get with my epic backgrounds literally right out my back door. But you also have to remember that I also get to shoot at below zero temps with blizzards and crazy amounts of snow... it doesn't always work out the best especially with newborns, brides and boudoir. As a result, for many years I have longed for a space to work with my clients indoors. But it couldn't be just any old space... it had to be the space that increased my creativity and vision for my art. I think I would die in a sears type studio.

My dream seemed unattainable until I teamed up with two other photographers, and we worked together and made our vision a reality.... AND we found a local vintage furniture rental company to join our team. So not only do we have a space... we have incredible couches and props to make it just amazing. We call our joint venture The Studio Suite.

While each of us still maintain our own separate businesses and appointments, The Studio Suite is our shared home for all things photography. We have places to shoot... places to meet... places for makeup artists and hair designers...heck, even our bathroom is a fully decked out and gorgeous changing room!

Here is the consult room. Through the french doors, you can see the lower studio. No more coffee shop meetings for me!!

Studio-Suite-0263.jpg

This is a set piece for our beloved (boudoir) sessions located in the lower studio. Though I know I will be using this for newborns.. small children... it is going to be perfect!

Studio-Suite-0275.jpg
Our grand opening was Saturday night... its a miracle we made it after all the insane renovations we did ourselves this month and a half (thank goodness for supportive family and friends!)
At our grand opening, the food was incredible! Appetizers, drinks, string quartet and beautiful surroundings... the house was packed! Standing room only, and it is a pretty big place.

Studio-Suite-0285.jpg

This is our fireplace studio. It features some gorgeous natural light, that I can't wait to take advantage of.

Studio-Suite-0287.jpg

We have had a lot of fun turning our quirky house into the studio of our dreams.

Studio-Suite-0300.jpg

The hours and hours of painting to create our shabby beams really was worth it! I love it!

Studio-Suite-0340.jpg
The walls are literally covered with canvases displaying our art.

Studio-Suite-0344.jpg

I was trying to count them up in my mind, and I think we have right around 20 chandeliers to spice up our ceilings. I guess I ought to know since we personally installed all of them.

Studio-Suite-0353.jpg

And for one of my favorite touches, we hired a local artist to paint our "book stairs". I am so excited to see these finished, because when our library of stairs is complete, it is going to be awesome!:barb:barb

Studio-Suite-0362.jpg

Anyway... I am super excited. It is going to be awesome that those blustery days no longer require me to reschedule.

If any of you come to Alaska... you have to come meet up with me at The Studio Suite! :lust

Comments