Options

Where did my pictures go?

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited October 21, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I spent the whole day uploading 3500 pictures from this past weekend's event. I have been receiving emails telling me the pictures are now gone. I checked and sure enough, gone. How am I supposed to sell pictures if they suddenly disappear? I have emailed the help desk, but that seems like a futile effort anymore. To be honest, response time sucks. There needs to be a team of "Heroes" that helps Pros. For the money I spend and the amount of prints I have sold through SM, I should expect this. Lately, I am starting to have second thoughts about renewing my account.
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited October 21, 2013
    I see the gallery you created for the images. Is there a chance the privacy settings need a tweak to make them viewable by others?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    How about a link to the gallery, or gallery name?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    I see the gallery you created for the images. Is there a chance the privacy settings need a tweak to make them viewable by others?

They WERE visible to others. When some people hit the "back" button they got the 404 Error page and now the photos are gone.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    How about a link to the gallery, or gallery name?

The folder is the last on this page:

http://www.richknechtphotography.com/Gallery-Index/DogAgility2013

However, it USED to be the first folder, not the last. That folder contained 15 galleries, all of which are now gone. I know how to create galleries, as I have done it many times in the past. They just never disappeared. Those 3500 photos went somewhere when I uploaded them.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2013
    OK...here is something weird, if you click on this link you will see all the galleries I uploaded, but they are not visible on my site anywhere.

Link:

http://www.richknechtphotography.com/Gallery-Index/DogAgility2013/Dauphin-AKC-October

I got this link from my FF history.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2013
    OK, call me impatient, but time is money. I used that link I pasted to go to my site and move (by clicking organize site) those galleries into the "empty" gallery that was on my site. No idea what happened, but I think I fixed it. Also, in that link, there were 2 folders named the same thing. One was empty, the other had all the pics in it. No idea how the duplicate formed. Any ideas as to what went on here?

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited October 21, 2013
    When I looked, this was the link I got navigating from your home page through to the Oct 20th gallery. http://www.richknechtphotography.com/Gallery-Index/DogAgility2013/Dauphiin-DTC-October (this is the same as what you posted and was 'empty' when I first looked). When I refreshed the page, I can see many galleries now. I found the gallery in the first place by checking your schedule then looking for the most recent date.

I'll leave it to Zac as to what happened. I haven't any idea (please understand that I don't work for SM).
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?