Options

Impressions of Maine

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited October 26, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Back from my annual trip. Alas, not a lot of time to shoot but it was a great visit. Although the foliage was not exceptional, the weather was superb. I am still looking through my shots but here are a few that are not my typical work from Maine. I do, however, like experimenting with abstracts. The first three shots are from this year; the others are from a prior visit. Comments always appreciated.

Lauren

From 2013:

i-FXwsZGq-L.jpg

i-RFH6VfK-L.jpg

i-v6PNB2r-L.jpg

From 2011:

i-wfDm7Tk-L.jpg

i-7HPHLXz-L.jpg

2011-09-30%20%2000050%20Horizon-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    YEOW !!! You've blown me right out of the water with this offering, Lauren. I remember well how dynamic your past abstracts have been. Your new production is every bit as impressive. This grouping of 6 confirms that you are the Queen of abstracts. clap.gif

Glad you're home safe,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    Woooow! clap.gif fantastic series. #3,4 and 5 are my favorites. Beautiful!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Woooow! clap.gif fantastic series. #3,4 and 5 are my favorites. Beautiful!

I'm glad you chimed in, Cristóbal. Your work in this direction has been outstanding and I'm really pleased that you and Lauren can share some exciting visions with the rest of us. If Lauren's images don't inspire you, nothing will.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2013
    I'm glad you chimed in, Cristóbal. Your work in this direction has been outstanding and I'm really pleased that you and Lauren can share some exciting visions with the rest of us. If Lauren's images don't inspire you, nothing will.

Tom

I am inspired, Lauren 's shots are just fabulous. I like the fact that working essentially with the same scenes, Lauren' s pallette is softer, almost pastels.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2013
    Howdy Lauren,

These are great thumb.gif

#4 is my pick, closely followed by #5.

Glad you had a great trip!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2013
    Thank you, gentlemen! Nice to hear from each of you. All of your comments are gratifying and encouraging. That last one is a favorite of mine--I have a metal print of it on my wall.

Cristobal, it is too bad we aren't closer--we could come up with quite a series between us I bet. :D Looking forward to your next offerings also.

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    Thank you, gentlemen! Nice to hear from each of you. All of your comments are gratifying and encouraging. That last one is a favorite of mine--I have a metal print of it on my wall.

Cristobal, it is too bad we aren't closer--we could come up with quite a series between us I bet. :D Looking forward to your next offerings also.

Lauren

There's always room for a long distance project. Who knows, we could put together a collection of abstracts and show them somewhere!
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2013
    redleash wrote: »

Lauren

There's always room for a long distance project. Who knows, we could put together a collection of abstracts and show them somewhere!
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 771 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    beautiful work.

Maybe you like this:

Eindhoven%20glow%20%20134-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2013
    Thank you, Chris. I do like your image--to me it looks like people are listening to this man but the blurring of the image leaves it open to the viewer's imagination what he is talking about.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com