UMass Sports

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited December 21, 2005 in Sports
I know some people like my sports photos. And I have been way busy lately so here is sample.

47859754-M.jpg

47866810-M.jpg

47864659-M-1.jpg

48168966-M.jpg

48356425-M-1.jpg

44298689-M.jpg

44298692-M.jpg

46779404-M.jpg

44297465-M-1.jpg

44534739-M.jpg

45243403-M.jpg

46401567-M-1.jpg

46401592-M-1.jpg

47185923-M.jpg

46401705-M.jpg

44054621-M-1.jpg

44054681-M.jpg

44058626-M.jpg

eh that is it for now I guess.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 15, 2005
    I iloveyou.gif Winger
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I iloveyou.gif Winger
    hehe apparently you are the only one that does.

I have one final left and then i can crawl into a bottle of rum and then spend all of January doing photo stuff......yeah!!!!

Soooo did I tell you I am thinking of getting a macro lens :D
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Not true! I think the basketball shots in particular are outstanding. I always like to see your work, gives me a goal to shoot for. thumb.gif
    edited December 16, 2005
    winger wrote:

I have one final left and then i can crawl into a bottle of rum and then spend all of January doing photo stuff......yeah!!!!

Soooo did I tell you I am thinking of getting a macro lens :D
    What? You thinking of becoming a pirate?
    lol3.gif

Ooooh, macro, me too actually. Among other things... naughty.gif
    Erik

edited December 16, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    What? You thinking of becoming a pirate?
    lol3.gif

Ooooh, macro, me too actually. Among other things... naughty.gif
    Do I get an eyepatch and a parrot too.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 16, 2005
    That first one is a puzzle. Looks like an 8 but with the hockey jersey?

All of them are cool shots too!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited December 16, 2005
    winger wrote:
    But of course!
    Erik

edited December 16, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    But of course!

Careful of the talking parrot he's been trying to get rid of....
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Nice stuff, Winger! Love it when you post - great examples for folks to aspire to. Would love it if you'd pass on some tips for hoops, hockey, etc - if you get the chance!

Dang - that ice looks so nice and white naughty.gif
    edited December 16, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Careful of the talking parrot he's been trying to get rid of....
    Shhhhhh!!!
    Erik

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Arrrr! Parrots are standarrrrrd. Patches ye' must earrrrrn. icon_pirate.gif
    edited December 16, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Nice stuff, Winger! Love it when you post - great examples for folks to aspire to. Would love it if you'd pass on some tips for hoops, hockey, etc - if you get the chance!

One more final left....

And the ice is white by accident I still need to sit down and talk to you about those steps, but not until the final is done.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited December 19, 2005
    Andy wrote:

Really nice work Karen thumb.gif I really like your bball shots iloveyou.gif Not to mention being envious of them....lol

I'm with Andy. You do inspire folks and I would like to add my plea for you to pass on some of the things you learned the hard way so we can add them to our stickeys :D Hoops, hockey, baseball or whatever.

And you know very well that we enjoy every pic you post here. Unlike some of those other more snooty sites you may frequent :lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited December 20, 2005
    Really nice work Karen thumb.gif I really like your bball shots iloveyou.gif Not to mention being envious of them....lol

I'm with Andy. You do inspire folks and I would like to add my plea for you to pass on some of the things you learned the hard way so we can add them to our stickeys :D Hoops, hockey, baseball or whatever.

And you know very well that we enjoy every pic you post here. Unlike some of those other more snooty sites you may frequent :lol

Steve
    Hmm maybe it because when I post the threads dont generate many comments so I feel like im sort of "if someone posts in the forest and no one sees it, is it really a post". But I will keep a posting (see I know I am clearly way to sensative for the photograhpy world). Hehe and I just update SS once a week. A Challenge me and my friend set forth at the beginning of the semester, its a difficult challenge, especially with school, work and the personnel stuff I have going on. And maybe over January I can take a moment to sit down and think about what I do when I shoot....but I realised the other day when I was trying to explain to someone at hoops....I really have no idea what I am doing. I was like well sometimes I do this, but other times I do the complete opposite, and other times I like to go up into the ceiling (my new favorite place to shoot from in the building).
    edited December 20, 2005
    I haven't seen any hoops shots from the ceiling... share!

and whats this challenge you speak of?
    Erik

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Hmm maybe it because when I post the threads dont generate many comments so I feel like im sort of "if someone posts in the forest and no one sees it, is it really a post". But I will keep a posting (see I know I am clearly way to sensative for the photograhpy world).

Few replies does not necessarily mean lack of interest. Strange web forum psychology stuff at work. headscratch.gif
    edited December 20, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I haven't seen any hoops shots from the ceiling... share!

and whats this challenge you speak of?

I havent done hoops yet from up top partly because the game is only played in 2 halves, so I would have to inverst the better part of one half up there ( I am not entirely sure of this logic, because it doenst bother me at all to blow a whole period up there)

I end up being limited in my view, so I might get a hand ful of cool or ok shots, but the rest of it is junk really...as opposed to lots of useable shots and a handful of great ones when i shoot on the floor.

To get above the rim in the mullins I think I might have to do alittle mission impossible manuvering. Where I would have to move across the lighting grid (which is open and I can see the floor) to get to the solid platform to shoot from for hoops. Where as hockey the playing surface is bigger and catwalk is perfect to shoot from.

As for not alot of replies means less interest, I also notice that when I post I also do not get alot of views and replies and it moves sometimes quickly to the 2nd page.....so if my logic is fractured than so be it. But I dont want to post stuff that no one is interested in, so if a thread moves quickly to the 2nd page with no responses, what would you be lead to believe?
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    winger wrote:
    As for not alot of replies means less interest, I also notice that when I post I also do not get alot of views and replies and it moves sometimes quickly to the 2nd page.....so if my logic is fractured than so be it. But I dont want to post stuff that no one is interested in, so if a thread moves quickly to the 2nd page with no responses, what would you be lead to believe?

au contraire... some times stuff gets posted in a rash and things move quickly. I know as a budding sports (soccer, xc) shooter, I know I really appreciate seeing more of the traditional sports. Please, keep posting! I really like your work clap.gif

cheers,

Colleen

PS - I'll definately go back to your best shots post and put in my $0.02 when I have a moment to really look at and evaluate the pictures; there's some neat stuff there.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited December 20, 2005
    winger wrote:
    I havent done hoops yet from up top partly because the game is only played in 2 halves, so I would have to inverst the better part of one half up there ( I am not entirely sure of this logic, because it doenst bother me at all to blow a whole period up there)

I end up being limited in my view, so I might get a hand ful of cool or ok shots, but the rest of it is junk really...as opposed to lots of useable shots and a handful of great ones when i shoot on the floor.

To get above the rim in the mullins I think I might have to do alittle mission impossible manuvering. Where I would have to move across the lighting grid (which is open and I can see the floor) to get to the solid platform to shoot from for hoops. Where as hockey the playing surface is bigger and catwalk is perfect to shoot from.
    You're not shooting for media relations anymore, so whats the big deal? Experiment! No offense, but any old shot of yours is good enough for the collegian. Get something fresh for the portfolio.
    nod.gif

And bring me up there sometime!
    :D
    Erik

edited December 21, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You're not shooting for media relations anymore, so whats the big deal? Experiment! No offense, but any old shot of yours is good enough for the collegian. Get something fresh for the portfolio.
    nod.gif

And bring me up there sometime!
    :D

What he said.